Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, December 14, 2009

Plying my trade

Yesterday was soooo quiet. DH slept until noon. I got up at five, fed the cats, and fell asleep on the sofa for three hours. When I woke again, it was daylight and nice warm rain was sifting down. The deep freeze has abated for the time being - hooray!!

So I plugged in the latest Terry Pratchet book on the i-pod and settled down with the spinning wheel. Plied up some blue silk, then some brown wool, then spun and plied a plum-ish mystery batt from Fantasy Fibers, with a few flecks of shimmer in it. The day just flew by. I feel smooth as butter and calm clear to the backbone. Spinning is SO good!



Back to work after two weeks. I gird my loins. Rat that I am, I missed the rolling hell of finals week. We planned the vacation before I checked out the college schedule, so I owe everyone a few major favors. I don't think a few cans of macadamia nuts will cover it.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    You picked the perfect time for your vacation! LOVE the handspun. Love that you rested and had time to spin. Welcome home.

     
  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Get ready for the I'm-not-ready-to-work feeling on Monday.

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was having a weekend of yucky lurgy. I slept on and off and couldn't concentrate on anything. I felt energetic today (even having to go to work) and made it to the day and felt pretty good. Must have needed the days of sleep.

    Spinning is soooo good for that.

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am glad the tootsie is faring well. I have a pinkie toe that had decided to wander off on her own and got snagged by a piece of furniture. OUCH! Now she is aching but surviving.
    I wish I could afford to escape like you did! I feel like I am way too busy and overloaded.

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OOOOO.... sounds SO sweet... just peace and quiet and... plying.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home