Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A wonderful way to spend a Saturday

DH and I rolled out and went to Sully's for breakfast, and the dear guys there gave us a big batch of homemade cookies and candies. Yum!

Then LG and I drove out to J&Soozie's house for knitting, and oh it was fine! We sang, we had a whitre elephant gift exchange of de-stashing or "gently used" knitting oriented stuff. We sang and we laughed and we ate Spotted Dick. (and we hit every possible joke on that one. I MUST buy several cans of this stuff. It's like brown bread with raisins, only a bit cakier. Quite yummy.)

And Soozie, who spindles like some of us breathe, had a whole laundry basket of handspun yarns as party favors. We dumped them out in the middle of the floor and pawed through them. what a treat! What variety! Colors and fibers and oh my mercy goodness! I kept telling people, who were trying to be polite and lady-like and not take too much, "Whatever you guys leave is mine, so if you might have second thoughts about anythiing, grab it now!" Several novice knitters were emboldened to own yarn that did not come with a pre-determined pattern. And I assured everyone that I was always available for ideas and suggestions.

And then I took the leftovers.


The 3 camel-colored skeins are alpaca. The rest are a gloriously mixed bag with merino and silk and BFL and linen and who KNOWS what. I see many hats, baby surprise jackets, and joyful scarves for the orphans. What fun!!

That evening, we met up with MJ and RW and went to see Manheim Steamroller!! I dreamt fanfares all night long. Oh, it was SO glorious!! We went to a lebanese restaurant beforehand, and I had the most delicious braised lamb shank you could imagine. This bears repeating!

It was a late night for us old foggies. DH and I slept till noon. Hooray! Grocery shopping and now a quiet afternoon, side by side on the sofa, he with his laptop, me with mine. Life is good.

This, by the way, is post 991. How will I celebrate post one thousand? Any requests?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Oh, I am so envious about Mannheim Steamroller! I only found out they were going to be in town on Tuesday, and by then there were no cheap tickets. Not that we could have afforded them, anyway. Next time they're in town, I won't miss them.

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Post 1000 coming up? Sounds like a give-away to me!!

     
  • At 11:26 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    We could all post our favorite Roxie memories!

    Lovely weekend you had. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Great weekend and glorious yarn

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow... baby, you old foggies know how to live life to the lush, don't you? Sounds lovely!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home