Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, December 18, 2009

Does this happen in your neighborhood?

Christmas yard decor in the suburbs. Here's one house down the street from us.



But wait, there's more!


We don't want to offend anyone. Let's hide the plastic inflatable creche behind the tree and the mailbox.


Of course, some folks have no reverence whatsoever!


We have a couple strings of lights framing the porch. My ambitions are modest.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Good heavens. No comment.

    My friend in the Beach Cities has a neighbor with dead decorations everywhere. During the evening the owners inflate the figures and they instantly come back to life. Strange.

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Love the snowmen! And I think it's hilarious that the stockings are segregated into "people" and "pets"! Even Elvis had a stocking! As of us, well, I got the wreath on the door. That's about it for this year.

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We didn't even bother to put up our lights or tree for that matter this year.

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I know where those snowmen are! Pass that house everytime I see little Brogan!

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Love the snowmen!

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Calvin & Hobbes for the win!

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    LOL-- we LOVE looking at other people's lights! This year, we barely remembered to net our shrubs. Hey--it was an effort! (Love the snowman one!)

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I told my girls we were going "green" this Christmas and we didn't put up lights outside. I do enjoy driving around and looking at people's efforts and creativity.

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Lots of inflatibles in our area - some are pretty cute.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home