Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I also crochet

TD asked me if I could make her a Christmas tree hat. When designing three-dimensionally, I am more comfortable with the immediate results of crochet. I used buly acrylic because she's wool-sensitive, and made a structure of 6 triangles with projecting points.





To make it more versatile, I made the ornaments detachable. The garland is fastened to the "star" button on the top of the tree and twined around. The ornaments are buttons joined together with a shank of quilting thread and buttoned through the texture of the fabric. Some of the shirt buttons got embellished with beads. so she can wear it festive, or she can wear it subdued and plain just for warmth.


I relished the challenge, and had a ball with it! Crochet has the body to stand up. Now I'm wondering about a knitted version.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    You make the greatest hats! Always fun, always whimsical, and always practical.
    Hmmm...maybe an Easter Bonnet swap this year?

     
  • At 8:39 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Clever and creative, Roxie. Your mind works in mysterious ways. It must be the result of onsuming too much fruitcake when you were young. I'm doubly in awe because I don't crochet much.

     
  • At 12:50 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    That is so cool!! I expect Lisa N. from Chrysalis will want one now!!!

     
  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That is way cool! I like the garland. It would be perfect for this time of year. You are so clever.

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Love the hat, though I don't think I'd ever wear it myself. It's very colorful and festive looking.

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Very cool hat - should be a hit!

     
  • At 3:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It looks very cute. I don't know how she's going to walk around with an angel perched on her head.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home