Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

failing the collective

I'v been on facebook less than a week and already my farm is dying and I'm not keeping up with my friends. This may be more responsibility than I'm ready for.

Came in to work an hour early to pull files for the first test session because we are running short-handed this week. This will give me a ten hour day. Woohoo! Just like the big girls.

I'm thinking that for my thousandth post, I'm going to ask you all to describe your inner super-hero, and give prizes for the best ones. Start making contact with your inner super hero. What's his/her name? Costume? Superpowers? Are there sidekicks, mascots or catch phrases? Evil nemisis? Do you call her/him out by activating your magic ring and yelling, "Arise!" or does s/he manifest more subtly?

If you don't have an inner superhero, nurture one. We all need heros to get us through life, and carrying one in your own head is pleasant and handy.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Don't let yourself be sucked in by the Facebook guilt. Play with it for fun and walk away when you're too busy. Take it from someone who's been there.

    Inner superhero, huh? Interesting. By coincidence the verification word below today is "heroc". Could this be a sign?

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Now Peter Kevin wants to know who you are on facebook.....

    I am sure my farm would die and my restaurant would go out of business, too. I have enough to keep up with.

    My inner super hero?

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    My inner superhero? Good thing to think about... the one superpower I know she has is that she can function on very little sleep. (And what Lisa said about Facebook... it can be fun, but it's a timesuck, and I ignore it more often than not.)

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    My inner superhero exists. My husband and I write a comic book (he also does the art and I come back in and do the lettering, too) and publish it online first, then in graphic novel form. The hero called Staff of Life is what I want to be. She is a very confident female, smart, a bit bossy, can fly and is well loved by the people of Spire City. This link shows her at her best, even if she is in her civilian garb. By day she's a Physics professor at Spire City University.

    http://johnnysaturn.com/2009/05/29/book-nine-page-45/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home