Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, August 20, 2009

What I have been up to

As I said, I've had a jones to use up left-overs and knit hats. These are edged with some fun fur I got at the dollar store. The body of the hat is coarse, nubby wool, intended for blanket weaving. I washed it with shampoo and gave it a condioning rinse, and it's nice and soft.





Then I used the last scraps of turquoise fabric to make a small child's quilt.






And I used some of my fat quarters to make a real, planned and designed quilt. nine patch in one of it's many variations. The orange isn't quite so bright, and the sunlight washes out the turquoise shades a lot. But at least you get the general idea.





For the back, well, at JoAnn's they had a sale on these no-sew blanket kits where you got two blanket-sized pieces of microfiber fleece for $15. So this quilt was backed quite attractively for $7.50 (she says with immodest pride.)





Then I had to use up the leftovers from that project.






And to back it, I used up the very last bits of yet another quilt. The batting on this one was an acrylic blanket I got at a garage sale for a dollar. Stained and ratty at the edges, but still nice and warm.

I am almost ready to put away the sewing machine. Almost.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You have way too much energy! At the dollar tree in Oregon City Shopping Center on McLoughlin I have seen some fun bundles of knitting materials. And when I do I often think of you knitting away!! LOL
    I have several unfinished needlepoint projects to do!!! Sigh!

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    The quilts will make someone very happy!

    You are just too too busy. I think about sewing, but so far I haven't done any in almost a year.

     
  • At 10:47 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Too pretty!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie, you amaze and delight me every day! What wonderful quilts--they're really, really gorgeous!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie, you amaze and delight me every day! What wonderful quilts--they're really, really gorgeous!

     
  • At 5:07 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Thrifty crafter! I love that zebra backing. Quilts are cozy and wonderful anyway but that will be soft and warm and cozy. Although warm is not what we're looking for today. It was 80 degrees at 6 am. Sigh. A whole nother month of summer no matter what the calendar says.

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    The hat is done! Very nice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home