Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weaver's exchange

Dave Daniels and I are doing a weaver's exchange. We weave and send each other at least two yards of fabric at least 12 inches wide. Then I get to keep one yard of his fabric for myself, and I use the other yard to make something for me.
Look what showed up on my front porch last night. Is this man gifted, or what?


Being Dave, of course he sent more than the agreed-upon items.
Look at this! Not only did he send gorgeous fabric, he used leftover thread to make cords, and hand-woven bindings. Now I get to use anything else I choose to make SOMETHING from this fabric for Dave. My mind is trying to go into high gear and overdrive at the same time. The fabric is cotton and so tactile. Shall I make something to wear next to the skin? (loincloth anyone?)Or shall I make a bag to carry groceries? I could totally wuss out and make placemats. The yoke on a nightshirt? Not a throw pillow. It does NOT go with his colors. What to do, what to do? A trip to Joanne's is in order.

And then, just because he's a fabulously generous guy, he also sent some glorious hand-dyed, hand spun yarn which makes my inner magpie skrak with delight. Bright! Pretty! Happy!


But wait, there's more! Would you believe two yards of silk(!)? Hand-dyed in the aqueous colors I love to wear the best. Dave, there was no mention of silk in the make-something-and-give-it-back contract. This is going straight into my sarong collection and headed for Hawaii with me in December. Oooo! Mmmmm! I'll think of you when I'm walking along Waikiki at sunset with my silk sarong tied as a skirt and playing peek-a-boo with my legs. (And deftly hiding the saddlebags, spiderveins and cellulite in sexy shimmering water-color hues.)Thank you, thank you! Squeeee!!!

What to make? What to make? Hmmmmm. . . .

5 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    That silk is gorgeous! Like watching a panoramic sunset!! I am sure you will look sexy in it (I know you will feel sexy wearing silk!)
    Be sure to pose and get shots of you flaunting your figure in that silk sarong.

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Yay it all arrived safely. Glad you like, too. The silk is for you to do as you like. I know you adore spring pastels, and thought you would wear it, stitch it, drape it or just admire it. It's silk, have fun! (You know I wants photos, though!)

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    My inner magpie is chirping along with yours... Dave, Dave... you are one very clever guy! (And those are SO your colors... nice silk sarong--it'll be just as glam as you are!)

     
  • At 4:28 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I so like the pink and green yarn! The silk sarong!! There are NO words... Can I borrow Dave for a while? :)

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Nothing feels as good next to your skin as silk, (except maybe someone else's skin.) That will make a lovely sarong. And it will feel like a dream.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home