Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, July 30, 2009

That whistling sound?

It's the air leaking out of my head. I forgot to tell you about the awesome sewing kit Dave included in his fabric package.

Do you ever do that? You love something so very much that you put it aside for special consideration and then, somehow, forget to consider it? Was I this absent-minded when I was younger? I can't reemember.

Anyhoo - - This is an awesome piece of goodness. Dave made it using a magical process involving layers of brown tissue (Vogue patterns, to be exact) and secret, arcane recipes that produce a substance rather like stiff leather.

Then he added the compleate sewing kit lining, with pins and needles and pockets for spools of thread and little scissors and whatever, and finished it off with cords created on his lucet. Is this not cool beans? I am the lucky one, and am profoundly grateful!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    It DOES look like leather! Beautiful! Oh, and the silk in the previous post is gorgeous! His weaving? a computer bag?

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    OMG... My inner three year old is screaming MINE!!

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I was going to comment on your post, but now I can't remember what it was I meant to say!

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    It certainly looks leathery! Cool gift!

     
  • At 5:31 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    How clever. A sewing kit made of sewing patterns. I love the concept and am sitting here trying to figure out how I could do that with the old patterns I have in a box......

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    That is truly a work of art. And that looks suspiciously like Kaleidoscope lucet cord. Wow!

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Damn! OKay, I bow at the feet of the noble Dave! (whose blog I need to read more often because it's too much fun!) That's really awesome!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home