Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some summer for my friends in OZ

Some 7AM photos I took when I went outside to water the plants. It was so warm and balmy I could have run around nekkid - but I didn't. There are laws against creating public eyesores in this city.

The neighbors have such a pretty house. Great morning light, don't you think?

Lillies

Lillies

Gladiolius and roses.

Our very own cherry tomatoes. Yum, yum!!

Thanks for re-inforcing my own beliefs. After blogging, I went over and talked to the fence-climber's mom. These are the people whose pit bull crawls under the fence. I feel like such a complainer, but she really did need to know. She had no idea he could get over the fence. "So that's what happened!" she said. Evidently, a few weeks ago, the kid had disappeared and was found blocks and blocks away. As I was walking back to my house, I could hear her calling little Houdini in from the back yard. He hasn't been outside unsupervised since then. Poor little guy! He sooo needs someone to play with. I would offer to take him to the park, but I'm not that good with kids, and I don't want to set precedent, because mom is just yearning for free, handy babysitting. Maybe I'll check out pre-schools in the neighborhood and leave information in their mailbox.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Hopefully he'll be enrolled in some sort of preschool in the fall. It's not your responsibility to babysit or entertain other people's children. They have a pit bull too? I hope he leaves Three-Legged Jack and the other kitties alone. Your tomatoes look yummy. Mine aren't ripening yet, but with this heat they're sure to do so quickly. Now off to research local yarn sellers. I need to track something down. Cheers!

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    If you aren't going to interact with your child at home, at least let him interact with people somewhere else (other than the neighbor's backyard). Yikes, a 3yo and a pit bull. I have stories I could tell, but you already can imagine... poor kid.

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Early morning is my absolute favorite time of day. I love the softness of the light and the still dewy grass.

    My neighbors have the 11 year version of that little boy. He has been coming to stay at his grandparent's house everyday for years. He is loud, angry sounding and talks back (boy would I have gotten a good swat for some of the things he's said to his mother). Mostly, I think he just wants attention and someone to notice him. We joke that when he grows up to be a serial killer (hide your Cheerios!) we won't be able to tell the tv reporters we were surprised.

     
  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am so glad to hear you put on your white hat and informed the ignorant mother. 3 years old is such a wonderful age! And if she gazed at the world through her sons eyes she would be so entertained and in awe! I so enjoyed my son!! He gave me many smiles and memories, which I recorded in journals--about 10 of them!! LOL
    She should seek a playgroup. some mothers get together just for that.
    An occasional day away from the tv and at a local park would be wonderful for him, and probably for her! Or going to a museum to enjoy the hands-on activities.
    I enjoyed those activities as much as my son did!

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Good on you! I thought the mum was in a state of blissful ignorance of son's climbing abilities. Tilly just got hit with the toddler stick so I'm in sympathy for the mum for needing time out on occasion (not that Til's allowed to hang about outside without close supervision or watch endless tv). Toddlerhood, which includes the threes, sure is exhausting! Frnaly, I wouldn't volunteer to babysit for this age group. Don't worry about the preschool stuff; the mum will just do what she wants with her son and I'm sure he's loved. The pitbull's a bit of a worry though.

    I love those calla lillies, particularly in brown. If H.I. and I ever have to get married, them's going to be my bouquet : )

     
  • At 11:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bravo and thanks for girding your "mom instincts" and talking to Ms. Neighbor. You have such wonderful tact.
    Now, if I could just figure out how you get tomatoes to ripen before everyone else's?
    Barb

     
  • At 3:44 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Your flowers are amazing.

    Nice job with the three year old.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You really ARE a good neighbor. And yeah... they do get lonely if there's no one to play with! And definitely do NOT fall into the trap of taking care of him for her... I did that once and it lasted for THREE YEARS!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home