Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 26, 2009

scattershot

We are having a heatwave - up to 102 today. DH, being a California boy, made sure our house had AC, so it's colder than a dead eskimo in here. I'm going outside to weave very soon.

The neighbor's three-year-old has learned to climb the fence into our yard. I was weaving away the other day and suddenly this little guy was at my elbow saying, "Whatcha dooin?" I told him he is not allowed in our yard unless we invite him, and if I catch him in our yard without an invitation I would - and then I paused, stuck for a sufficiently powerful threat. Then, my inner three-year-old found the best one. "I'll tell your mom." Grudgingly, he climbed back over the fence. We don't want him unsupervised on our property, and his mom spends her life in the house in front of the tv, except when she's on the front porch smoking.

I'm going to pick cherry tomatoes off our very own bush today. Yum! They're Sweet One Hundreds, and they're just like candy.

New addiction - wasabi peas. They make my nose run, but I like them!

Lazy sunday's are my favorites!

9 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    It always makes me wonder why some people have children if they do not want to spend time enjoying them! I feel sorry for that 3 year old.

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ditto to Rose's comment!

    Our current favorite backyard tomato is a cherry called SunGold. So sweet it melts in your mouth.

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I love wasabi peas! I keep eating even though my mouth is burning and my nose is running. Yum

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Wasabi peas are one of PK's favorite snacks. Me? I don't eat hot stuff. I believe food should not hurt....

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Hopefully the heat will break soon, it's been dreadful. Maybe if you quit eating those peas....

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Stay cool today. How scary that this little guy is able to leave his yard at will and without an adult knowing. At least he came into your safe yard. Would the "mom" be approachable during a smoke break or would she bite your head off if you told her that her son is pulling Houdinis. That's a big safey issue.

    Any pictures of the weaving?

     
  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I also think that a friendly chat with the mother to alert her to how dangerous this is could be very helpful. If he were injured and knocked unconscious, or taken, she would probably be unaware for quite awhile! Who knows what dangers lie in other yards....nervous dog that might bite, sharp objects, pools,....I am scared for this little child!!!! I think a friendly visit (maybe bring a sweet along) is in order. Or a call to child welfare if you feel the mother would be unapproachable! You must intervene before something happens and then you live with regret.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    It's like in wealthy Arab countries, where it's stinking hot outside, but far far too cold inside! "Come, see how hot it is. Come inside. See, how cold I have made it... is it not cold?" (not my words, but those of Irish comedian Ed Byrne).

    Worrying about the 3 year old on the loose - very accident prone at that age, and a concern that his mum isn't paying attention!

    Oh yes, Wasabi Peas. Very very good, and dangerous. You never know which peas will be mild and which ones will take the top off your head off! Wasabi Roulette ;)

     
  • At 10:39 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *panic* *panic* *panic* That could have been the cave troll... you know it could! I wouldn't have been smoking or even watching the tv, but that kid escaped naked--you know it's true!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home