Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

whine.

So, according to the new plan, DH and I got up at 5 AM and went to the gym. I walked on the treadmill at 3.7 mph for 30 min. Then we showered and came home, I put on my makeup, and went to work. I have been nearly falling asleep all day! Evidently, one bottle of water was not enough - I've been dehydrated. And I missed my morning tea, too. I am SUCH a pantywaist! I want to eat before I work out. DH thinks I should work out first, then eat. Which is better?

I ask, because you have come up with such brilliant solutions to the pink-dyed black and white tablecloth. Overdye it with red? Yes! Buy pink and black china to go with the cloth? Excellent, sideways solution! And of course, it means that I MUST make a new black and white cloth. The dye-grabber sheet might have worked if I hadn't run the thing through the dryer first. But rather than being a cause for sorrow, I now see the pinking of the cloth as a grand new opportunity!

Saturday is the solstice; the longest day of the year. It would be lovely if our cloudcover would break long enough to see where the sun rises and sets, but I don't see why it should happen this year since it hasn't in the past fifteen. Today is in the lower 70s, cloudy, and humid. It feels rather tropical to me. I want to loll under a palm tree with a rum punch and drowsy husband. I'm very good at lolling! He is more of the "We might be missing something!" type. Yep. We might be missing a nice lazy loll in the shade. Siddown, Darling.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Sorry to hear of the tablecloth turmoil. I like the idea of the red over-dying.
    I have had a yearning to go to some park (before they become overrun with families of picnickers) and relax and enjoy listening to the birds. Maybe even photographing a few!

     
  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I can't work out, especially in the morning, without eating something, but if you eat too much it will make you feel slow and silly. My usual thing is a hard-boiled egg with a bit of salt and pepper, along with a glass of water or tea. After your workout, don't go eat a big meal right away. Drink a lot of water, eat a little bite if you feel like you absolutely must, but waiting until your body is rested is a good thing - otherwise you'll try to eat back all those calories you just burned and more :)

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Well, this morning I walked for an hour before eating breakfast and only grabbing a banana. Not enough nutrition for me and not enough water (or caffeine). Usually I eat a hearty breakfast of oatmeal topped with yogurt, flax seed meal and frozen blueberries before I do much more than open my laptop and click on my email.

     
  • At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Each person's body is different! If you feel that you need to eat something before you exercise, then do - although as an earlier comment mentioned, you probably want to keep it light.

    I find I'm not usually hungry immediately after exercising, especially if I've gotten really hot (or during the summer heat). I will get a cool drink and sip on it until my body is settled, and then I eat some if I am hungry.

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Don't exercise on an empty stomach IF it bothers you -- that's why exercise at another time of day works best for me -- especially a 30-minute stretch, my blood sugar would be below the basement. Definitely, definitely have your tea & other fluids first.

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Empty stomach means you're burning stored engery. If you eat before working out, you're burning from the gas tank. Some people (me) early morning isn't the best time to work out. You'll need to figure out what is best for you.

     
  • At 9:44 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie--I'd suggest a light fruit--enough to get you started, but not enough for you to just totally deplete all your energy. Otherwise, I'm with you--the workout sucks me dry and I'm useless for the rest of the day. I hate working out in the morning--I'd rather workout at night!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home