Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 13, 2009

party time!

The Pink Peace rose is blooming. It is rife with blackspot, yet every year it produces these exquisite blossoms anyway. Peace will not be denied.

I just got two more confirmations via e-mail. I gotta run to the store and buy more strawberries. Oh bliss, oh joy!! And set more places at the table. And slice the turkey ham for the Triscuit hammiches. And gather me rosebuds whilest I may, old time is now a-flying, and that sweet rose which blooms in May, by autumn will be dying. (Paraphrase of Richard Lovelace, "Advice to Young Girls." Basically he says, "Get it on while you're fresh and pretty, because pretty soon, no one will want you." The romantic poets were chauvinist pigs.)

Party photos to follow.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yeah, when you realize what those guys were really sayin' sometimes you want to go back in time and slap 'em!

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Peace was always one of my mom's favorite roses. They are kind of old fashioned but beautiful!

    Have a wonderful party!

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love the way you have them in the bowls--it's so very graceful! (And yes--I agree. Richard Lovelace was a pig--but I bet he got laid a lot!)

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh...I'm so glad you reported about the blackspot. I checked mine and have the same problem. Grrr. I thought it was just me and bad gardening. So now what do we do?
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home