Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer vacation

Dh was notified yesterday that he is on a three-week layoff. Work is really slow, and it was a choce between DH, or a 23 year-old fellow who is supporting his mother and sister. Dh told the boss that the young fellow needed the work more, and volunteered to take the time off. Is my husband a prince, or what? His goal for the layoff? To loose 10 pounds. He's at the gym already. Oh, gronch! Looks like I'm gonna start hitting the gym as well. I Hate to sweat! (Think happy endorphins, Roxie. Think happy, happy endorphins!)

Remember this lovely black and white tablecloth? It got washed with DH's burgundy bathrobe. Black and pink is cool, right? It's been through with bleach and it's still black and pink. Very. Sigh. I can't bear to photograph it yet. whimper.

Off to work. I'm parking at the far end of the far lot so I get about a ten-minute walk in to work. Untill it starts getting dark at 5, this will be one way to get a little more exercise. And during the summer, it is pure pleasure! May your day be pure pleasure as well!

9 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    My very first pair of handknit socks (you know, the ones with the pointsettia motif knit in stranded color?) went through the wash with a blue ballpoint. Not to mention the fact that they were 100% wool as well. I tried anything I could think of to salvage them, but alas... They were a lost hope.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    Hugs on the table cloth. If you wanna dye it red on purpose, I'll talk you through it. :/

    And yes, your hubby is a prince.

     
  • At 7:53 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yes, DH is a true prince. And soon he'll be a true skinny prince.

    Empathy for the tablecloth. Ouch. I'm so sad for you.

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You can use the pink/black table cloth next month and tell everyone you made two of them!

    Hubby is a true gem!

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Pink and gray is VERY art deco, ya know. Of course, you can always overdye it with, say, a soft blue, and that would make it more of a light lavender and black.
    Or, buy all new dishes once DH gets back to work.

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Your DH is one heck of a guy! Just where does he hide his wings? ;)

    Have you tried one of those dye catcher sheets on the tablecloth? Might work if it hasn't gone through the dryer yet.

     
  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Very sweet of DH--but, oh, *sigh* *sigh* and *double sigh* on the tablecloth.

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Well crap. Sorry to hear about the tablecloth. Your husband did a nobel and generous thing. May it come back to him three-fold. The gym? Really? just reading about it makes me feel guilty.

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    DH made a huge deposit in his karma bank with that one.

    I don't think black/grey and pink is a bad combination. Just different from what you had. It gives you an excuse to make another black and white tablecloth.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home