Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 05, 2009

On the way home from work

This is a shortcut to the parking lot I have to use when I return from the jail. By 10:AM, the parking lot nearest to the office is full and so I get a little more exercise in my day. By 2PM I'm headed home, and on a sunny, summery day, a walk in the woods is just the ticket! You have to pretend really hard that you can't hear the auto shop work going on, and you have to pause in just the right place not to see buildings and parking lots, but as it stands right here, isn't this a path into fantasy?

Thursday, I was SUCH a good girl. I cleaned the computer room for two hours and worked hard enough to raise a good sweat. I did the ironing and folded laundry, put out the recycling and scoured litterboxes and even cleaned the living-room carpet (except for the dust-bunny sanctuary under the sofa and the endtables. The kitties are entitled to their pets.) In the afternoon, as I was knitting and fast-forwarding through America's Next Top Model recordings (I am fascinated by the photo shoots. Now I look at ads in a whole different way.) an extraordinary string of thunderstorms swept up the valley. About the time they got to us, a migraine began to fracture my vision, and I realized my hands and feet were like ice. I went to bed in the dark with a hot water bottle and five asprins, and managed to avoid the throwing up part. Today, I am pain-free, but sluggish and dopey. I think the pressure changes and electricity sparked this one. Either that, or it was the chlorine fumes from the bleach I used on the litterboxes. Anyhow, neither event is likely to happen again for months, so I should be good to go from here on in. And I think I'll spend the day in my jammies, since my head really is too thick to get out and about with.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We got the thunderstorms this morning. It was pretty to watch.

    Glad your feeling better.

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The thunderstorm and lightning passed over the college around 4:30 pm and when I looked out the glass doors, it was so dark I thought it was night time. Lightning was crackling for quite awhile.
    I have walked through the little wooded area back there and sometimes would see birds,cats,rabbits, and, of course, squirrels.
    Now, further back, between the college and Oregon City H.S. past the parking lots, there is a little forest area that I have strolled through a few times. Wilder back there!!

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I guess the little sprinkly rainstorm we got brought me a migraine, too. I feel as wrung out as a dishcloth.

     
  • At 9:45 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I've had that day, only it's mostly neck pain! Ugh. I hates it... I'd rather wander that lovely path of yours to work!

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a wonderful walk in the woods. Do you drop off your worries behind trees as you head to cars.
    I bet the squirrels carry them off.
    Thanks for letting us walk with you.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home