Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Party time two





Yes, the strawberries really are that red. And we ate almost a full flat (but there are some left for me!) And we laughed and discussed medical problems and spirituality and travels and the New York City transit system. The table was never perfectly complete because people were still bringing goodies as they arrived, so by the time all the treats were here, half of them had been eaten. Beth brought a spice cake and LG brought pastries and TW brought curried shrimp and cucumber sandwiches (with the crusts cut off) and chocolate cookies. I was going to have shortcakes for the strawberries, but they stayed in the oven too long and became fit only to stone the crows. But the angeglfood cake went over a treat, as did the plain yougurt. So we did not go hungry.

And now DH and I are going to hit the hot tub at the gym. May your Saturday be wonderful!

8 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Grilltech has realized the hot tub at the gym is a wonderful thing! And the spread looks amazing! Sounds like you all had a wonderful knit time.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Ohhhhh, your table and your roses look amazing! Strawberries are just coming on here - we're having a cool early summer, but we are right in the middle of strawberry-producing territory, mmmmmm!

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The strawberries look really good (especially against the black and white background) and yummy. I think the fact that you all do this every month is wonderful.

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    My Saturday was wonderful. We bought patio furniture!

     
  • At 1:54 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    What a beautiful spread, in all senses of the word! Wish I could have come along too!! Yummy food and company!

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Em said...

    What a fabulous spread, for such a fabulous gathering. My Saturday wasn't nearly up to your standards, but I've been living vicariously through people all week to try and make up for it. (friends all over have been drinking and eating wonderful things in my name for ages now). And a hot tub, bliss!

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OH Roxie--your table is always lovely--and I'm working on that self-cleaning-tablecloth pattern with all of my heart, but it would never match your flair!

     
  • At 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sob. Sob. This was such a wonderful spread, and I missed it. I love the tableware, but especially loved the quilted tablecloth. The rose petals are a wonderful delicate touch...like a breeze blowing memories through the room. It's all so lovely.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home