Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 15, 2009

Also on the weekend

Saturday afternoon the postman delivered a big squooshy brown paper parcel containing - tah dah! - yarn! Yarn which I had not ordered or expected. It was a gift from Lyssa of Fearandloathinginlosangeles. The card said, "I found this when I was cleaning out my studio and well. . . me and knitting, we don't see each other much these days. It seems like it should appeal to your magpie, you 16 year-old, and whoever it was that likes pink."

What my inadequate photographic skills fail to show is the green glitters in this sophisticated grey and brown CherryTreeHill bounty. Lyssa has it pegged. My inner magpie is doing happy dances with the inner 16year-old and the inner 3-year old. Thank you, Lyssa! Thank you, thank you. And the magpie says "Kwark, kwark!"

On Sunday, we made a dash to the farmers' market for more strawberries. The season for Hood berries is short and you have to grab them and feast while you can. They don't keep at all. You could make freezer jam, maybe but that doesn't preserve the melting tenderness of the berry or the burst of fresh perfection when you bite into them. Meanwhile, look at the baby squashes! DH grabbed two bunches of little carrots while my back was turned. They taste more carroty than those little orange nubbins you can buy pre-peeled and bite-sized in bags in the store. I do LOVE the farmers' market.

This fellow could almost ride home on his pet. That was the biggest great Dane I have ever seen.

Back to work and looking forward to a lazy slow summer term. Finals are all over and in the testing center, livin' is easy. We hope. At least untill the placement test madness ramps up in late August.

In the Willamette valley, summer doesn't really start until after July 7, and it lasts through the first week of October. Then the rain starts again. I am SO looking forward to summer!! Gad I'm a lazy broad!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    You lucky lady, you! You and your inner 16yo, 3yo and magpie really scored! Fun.

    I love our farmers market too. It's open 52 weeks of the year and always has those yummy little carrots. Come on down anytime.

     
  • At 11:23 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Beautiful colors in that knitting. It looks like suede. Glad your inner magpie is delighted, too.

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Lucky you! My inner magpie envies yours.

     
  • At 1:32 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooh-- a good day for the inner magpie, the budding photographer, and apparently that ginormous great dane! Awesome!

     
  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I can just picture my cats viewing that humongous dog!! Would have sent them all scurrying under the bed!!

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lazy broad, my foot!! You crank out more work in a morning that I can even dream about.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home