Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 12, 2009

Freedom!

My dear boss turned me loose yesterday after my session at the jail. I offered to stay to help with the finals madness, but things were fairly quiet, and I already have too many hours for the week, so she said, "Much as we would love you to grace us with your calming presence, I think we'll let you go." Wahoo! I have time to bake, clean house and I even got the table set already!
This is a tablecloth I sewed a few years ago. I just had a yen to do black and white. When I was 18, Mother insisted I pick a china pattern, so I chose a simple black and white design by Noritake. Striking, and easy to accessorize.

Yes, everything IS better with a kitty. Wait untill you see it with bowls heaped with strawberries, and red rosepetals scattered on the cloth.


A while back I did the craft meme where I offered to send a hand-crafted item to anyone who commented on that post. One of the commentors was KnitTech for whom I made a mohair willy warmer to give to her beloved husband. In return, she very generously sent me a row counter bracelet. I tend to avoid patterns that require rows to be counted, but this is so pretty that it may seduce me in. MAybe a simple lace . . . I always design a section of garter stitch in any cable patterns to make row counting easy.

And knitting has been going on. This is a mohair boucle and wool vest that keeps me cozy at the jail. Just a simple rectangle with shoulder seams and afterthought armholes. Really, I ought to knit something that requires a few of my Master Knitter skills once in a while. Not right away, though. I need mitties for next winter.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    All the beauty you surround yourself with--sleeveless jackets, tablecloths, red rose petals, bracelets...a welcome sight for my travel weary eyes!

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That table cloth would make an awesome bedspread. You're so talented!

    Glad you like the bracelet. I wear mine even without needing to count anything.

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The table cloth is lovely. There is something about simple designs that pulls you in. I hope the luncheon goes well. (no illnesses on your part!)

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love it when you do pictures of yourself, Roxie--you always and forever look like a woman I'd be proud to know!

    And you're right. Everything IS better with kitty!

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Julie said...

    Master Knitter skills are all well and good, but sometimes a girl needs a nice garter-stitch square. Lovely vest. Lovely table cloth. Lovely kitty cat. :)

     
  • At 11:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh boy. I'm working backwards through the posts, so it's great to get to see the tablecloth up close and in some detail. It's a great pattern. Is it backed with something? And amid all the party planning, you're still knitting? You wonderwoman.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home