Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It's all my fault.

We have had halcyon days for a week. Warm, but not too warm. Sunny and green and fresh and flowery. Sunday I went out and watered all my flowers because it hadn't rained on them for DAYS! I mixed fertilizer in the water and hand carried it all over the front and back yard and gave all my blooming friends a nice big tasty drink.

And the next day, it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock. (The only thing I could have done worse would have been to wash my car. It needs it, but I'm afraid of bringing on the deluge. I'll save that for mid-August.) At the college, all the kids were in their tanktops and flip-flops. They looked like a bunch of wet kittens. They would scamper from class to class with books held overhead, splashing through puddles and throwing splatters of mud up the backs of their legs. They would huddle in packs in the doorways and stare at the wetness in innocent dismay. "It's RAINing!" In college, you learn many things that have nothing to do with classes. For example, check the weather forecast before you dress for the day.

Today is humid and warm, and threatening more rain. And look what I found on the table when I got home.


DH went out between showers and cut me a bouquet so I could enjoy them in the house rather than let the elements beat them up. Surely I am among the most fortunate of women!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    It rained out there? That's micro-climates for you. (For other blog readers, I'm only 15-20 minutes away from Roxie.)We had the tiniest sprinkle around 5 PM. No rain downtown either. My tomatoes need to be watered today.

     
  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Paul said...

    What gorgeous roses! What a sweet guy you have.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Pretty! Much the same happened to my irises. One day standing tall, the next leaning in all directions and sprawled on the grass.

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooh... you really are fortunate... but I yell at my students because, really, if you take a step out the door and it's cold enough for a sweater... GET ONE!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    It did not rain too badly here at my home in Oregon City. I love the roses. Wish I had a guy like that! You are one lucky woman!!

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh he's a good sort!

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The roses look so beautiful. You learn all sorts of interesting things in college and most of them don't come out of classes and books. That whole "watch the weather report before you get dressed" thing. That's important.

     
  • At 4:00 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You have the second-bestest husband EVER! Grilltech is the bestest. Or is it the other way around? :)

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The roses are gorgeous, and the lighting is so intriguing.
    It's beautious.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home