Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 30, 2009

We got this far

With practice, we have learned that big pieces make for quicker assembly times. (DUH) So, cutting five inch wide strips gives us a quilt top in one day. We still need to batt and back it, and tie the sandwich together. But this one, though pretty , seems kind of boring to me. I want to randomize it a bit, and I am thinking maybe buttons sewn down in strategic places. Random, sparkly buttons. What do you think?

And here is my sling chair in the apple tree. No dangerous falls from this one. And in the hot afternoons we have been having lately, it is positively euphoric to swing and doze and be a happy, well-fed animal at rest in the shade.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I like it! Maybe I like boring, or maybe I just like blue... sparkly buttons would be cute, unless it's for a small child. Buttons+little child=choking hazard

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I love the colors and patterns of the fabric in the top row of the quilt. The chair looks amazing, comfortable and inviting. Today I'm packing up my entire family (amid much protesting) for a drive down to Canby to pick up my wool from Fantasy Fibers. Wool is fun damnit!

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I love the quilt as it is. It is pretty.

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I'm with Rose Lefebvre, I like it as it is. But what about sewing in some bobbles along some of the planks?

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--the quilt is DELOVELY! And the hammock? Looks divine;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home