Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Odds and ends

Here is my able filing assistant. She keeps the paperwork safely coralled and pressed down so it won't get up and run around.

We live in a rose-covered cottage. Getting lots more blooms on the roof than we are down where I can get to them.

If I stand on tiptoes and hold the camera waaaayyyy high, I can get a pretty picture. If I want cut flowers. I'll need to get a ladder.

The room where I conduct GED tests for 16 hours a week has nothing decorative on the walls. It's starting to look a lot like the walls in the County jail, so my boss has given me permission to bring in something for a shot of color. I used left-over bits from the quilt I made for my niece and created a cheery, colorful hanging. It may not be art, but it sure beats unrelieved white.

And here's fly fluffing a flannel baby quilt. Everyone knows that everything is better with a kitty.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Rose bushes are something I am starting to covet. I never felt like I wanted some of my own but this year, I am feeling the need. Maybe when we go to get the tomato plants (we can finally plant them), I'll have a look at the roses.

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Kitty help does make the world a better place. I can't wait to get home and see mine tomorrow.

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    And everything is TWICE as good with two kitties.

    The roses would be worth the climb up the ladder.

     
  • At 2:01 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    My kitties tend to be throwing the paper off the shelves and tables. hey do not volunteer to be paperweights like yours! LOL
    Lovely wallhanging.

     
  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Em said...

    The hanging is lovely, and so are your roses. I clipped a few of the first ones off our bush and let them float in a bowl of water. Roses are always so lovely. It's wonderful that your kitty is so helpful. And generous, making all your pictures even better.

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Mmmmm, roses!

    The rose heap by my birdfeeder up and died, and I had to grub it all out (no termite food that close to the house). It was only a climbing rose that piled up messily, but the feeder birds liked to perch in it, nest in it, and scratch underneath it, so I'll miss it.

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Nice wall hanging. Too bad you can't take the kitty to work. :)

     
  • At 9:48 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It must be a good blanket, it has kitty approval.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lovely quilt--and lovely wall-hanging. I have to tell you that doing stuff in a blank room makes me claustrophobic-- I can just bet that hanging will make your testers feel better!

     
  • At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a clever idea, to decorate the room you have to spend so much time in. It will make it comfortable for EVERYONE. Nice touch.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home