Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another terror is created.

LG has been reading about the fast and dirty quilts MJ and I have been making, and came over today to whack together one of her own. Not that there was much fast and dirty to it. She had already pieced ninety nine beautiful squares. Being the eager idiot I am, I neglected to take a picture of the basic squares. But this is how they look slapped together at half-random (we were careful about the alignment, but not too fussy about which square went where.)

We had two sewing machines, and the sewing was going so well that the pressing sort of fell by the wayside. Oh well. (Roxie fluttering her eyelashes in an innocent fashion.)

And in spite of Roxie proving not once but twice that she is unable to count to nine, and LG very kindly taking apart one bass-ackward seam that Roxie had slammed together at speed, and both taking an hour for a sumptuous lunch, we still got the borders on, the back pieced, and the whole sandwich sewn and turned before two in the afternoon.

For the borders, I introduced LG to the joys of ripping your strips. Much more fun than cutting and ever so much faster. We had a ripping good time, and are now both tearers extraordinaire!

It's so much fun to sew with someone else. And working with someone else's palatte is just a delight. Also, I love to spread the gospel of "Don't worry about doing it right. Let's just get it DONE!"

7 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Wow! That was fast and furious. What kind of coffee do you ladies drink down that way?

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    that quilt is awesome!

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Beautiful! That whole ripping strips thing is fun!

     
  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I discovered that by clicking on the picture of the quilt I can view an enlarged picture!!
    Cool quilt.
    Now I challenge you to do a picture quilt!!!!
    Like this one:
    http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/take_better_photos/tips/images/quilts_1_275.jpg

    or the one on this placemat:
    http://frysingerreunion.org/quilts/2007-04-13-quilts-106.jpg

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    This is addictive isn't it? I will post some of my recent creations on my blog and you can see just how bad the addiction can be. Your quilts are wonderful and I'm so happy that you have discovered this. And MJ too. What fun for you. Keep it up.
    Love,
    MaryLou

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Wow, that's FAB-u-lous!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Yet another beautiful quilt! I'm with you on ripping the fabric for the borders. It's better to work with the evenness of the grain. All this quilting, you're making me want to quilt again!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home