Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What did you do this weekend?

I'm working on this quilt for my darling neice. It's going to be a lovely quilt. It would be even lovlier if I could actually sew a straight seam, but we make do with what we have and that's not a skill I have. Crooked seams make wonky squares, but a steel straight edge and rotary cutter cover a multitude of sins.

I know I SHOULD do all of the first step sewing, then all of the second step, etc, etc. But my inner three-year-old ain't having that no way no how. So we did first step sewing till she had a tantrum. Then we slapped together some second steps for a while, and pressed 'em up nice and tidy. That's when the cutter comes in, squaring up the edges. Back to first step seams. (70 times 4. Arrrrgh!) Finally, today, I gave in and did some step 3 seams.

Here is one tenth of the quilt top. Pretty nice, isn't it? (Say yes. Please say yes! My inner 3-year old is just on her last nerve and she will absolutely have a hairy cat fit if you say anything bad about this. "It's very nice, dear." Say it with me. "It's very nice, dear." Good, good. Shes' stopped holding her breath and is losing that electricity-shooting-out-of-her-eyes look. By the time we get back to sewing on Thursday, she'll be more than ready to go for it again.)

So that's pretty much what I did this weekend. How about you?

9 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I think the lantern quilt looks lovely, dear.

    My weekend: drove to Long Beach, enjoyed an overnight near the beach, attended a benefit concert, saw old friends, drove home along the Pacific Ocean.

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I think the quilt looks very nice dear (actually it is going to be stunning).

    I've finished taxes, worked on a health insurance application and finished up baby socks. Glad to have knitting and some reading to balance out the yucky stuff.

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    I think it's delightful. I love the colors. I am being sincere as well as obedient. You does yummy stuff!

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It's gorgeous! I get that way, too. I need to stop all the preliminary stuff and get down to the next step. Then I have to go back and do some more prelim. But, that helps keep my attention focused so it's all good.

     
  • At 5:39 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Chinese lanterns!

    If I keep making my inner kid do stuff after she's DONE, sometimes the project sits after that for years. It works better for us if I give her a break!

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Yes. It's very nice, dear. And feel free to threaten the hairy cat fit because it always makes life (and Roxie) more interesting!

     
  • At 10:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Darling--it's WONDERFUL--forget 'very nice'--it's superlative--and beautiful. But then, I have no doubts at all about your work!

     
  • At 11:16 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Weekend? Now that it's Tuesday, I can't remember. ;)

     
  • At 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's magnificent. You may feel frustrated, but I admire your patience. Quilts teach many life lessons. How to get rid of a headache is one of them. This will be great to see in a week.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home