Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 14, 2009

WHEW!

I expected 15 guests and actually got 14. Astounding turn-out and a ravishing party. The gift exchange was SO much fun and I think everyone had fun with it. Heaven knows I sure did! As people arrived, we all put gifts into the basket, and then, about half-way through the party, I carried the basket around and asked people to grab a gift. Everyone got something delightful - from scented soap to roving and a drop spindle to earrings. I forgot to put out the tiaras or blow up the balloons. But it turned out nice anyway. See? dining room table, with cookies, smoked salmon quichlets and scones, and gingerbreads plated up.

Party setting in the living room as well. I couldn't fit everyone in around the table in the dining room.

I made Jack get up and leave when the party started, but he does make a nice accessory for photo work, doesn't he?






Happy women laughing, talking, knitting, noshing, drinking and reveling. I am not going to write down 14 names. You know who you are and I am bushed. But oh, MY it was fun!!

Thank Goodness for MJ and her two teen-aged sons. She is always willing to take home leftovers.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Fun, fun, fun! It looks like a really happy party.

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    your parties always look so beautifully and sumptuously put together!

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I second what Bells says--and they also look comfortable and joyous!

     
  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It looks like everyone had a great time!

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You must have inherited the Martha Stewart gene. Actually, from these photos, it looks like she inherited your genes. Beautiful!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home