Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's yellowseason!!

Nothing says spring to me like yellow! Brave, cheerful daffodils DO it!

Last night, DH took me to see "Wicked" and oh what fun it was! Light, fluffy with lots of singing and dancing. DH complained that nothing blew up, but other than that. "It was OK." He's such a hero to put up with stuff like this for my sake. I just relished the whole process, from dressing up to discussing the details on the drive home.

The special effects were a delight. I've been so accustomed to computer-generated special effects, I had forgotten what fun it was to bring a willing imagination to the play. Glinda's soap bubble was a stainless-steel circle with a little flat platform on the bottom. They flew it all over the stage and she just stood on this two-foot square. I would have been scared to DEATH!!

Interesting things people in the audience wear. One young lady showed up in white bike shorts and a light summer top. Like a hike in the park? Lots of us grey-hairs use the opportunity to look elegant and classy. Upwardly mobile types in jeans, cashmere and three-inch heels. And baby ballerinas (4 to 12 years old)in twirly dresses with their hair slicked up in buns. People are our best entertainment.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh what fun! Yes, people are interesting...The Professor says, "It doesn't take all kinds to make a world, we just have all kinds."

    I remember when I lived in Oregon I'd just wait for the day the forsythia and daffs bloomed. Yellow. Bright Happy Color!

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I love daffodils. The exit I take to go to work each day has a huge patch of them blooming and it's hard to not stop and pick some (or worse, dig up some bulbs for my yard). My eldest daughter is going to see Wicked on Thursday. I love, "Popular"!

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Beautiful yellow spring flowers!

    We always dressed up to take the kids to shows. It made it all the more special. Glad you enjoyed Wicked!

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I think society lost something when people stopped dressing up for events. Love all that yellow!

     
  • At 4:26 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Daffodils are so much fun. They're starting to bloom here also, but not in those numbers yet.

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yellow is such a cheerful color. I love it.

    If your man likes to see things blow up, I'd recommend Watchmen. But I don't think you'd like it. I didn't.

     
  • At 11:41 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow, I can almost scent the daffodils through the photos! Love them!

    And you're absolutely correct an all counts:

    A. The process from first dress to final review is the best part.

    B. People ARE our best entertainment

    and

    C. D. H. IS a hero!

     
  • At 6:06 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    I love daffodils!! But they don't like my yarn. We have 3 spindly little ones out front that have been there for about 8 years, and only one of them ever blooms, sometimes. :(
    We just haven't gotten around to planting any more.

    We are going to see Wicked tonight. Kim can't go, she has an owie toe and can't put socks or shoes on or near it so we are taking her best friend instead. I can't wait, but I'm disappointed she's not going. Oh and I am wearing nice blue jeans and an angora wool spring sweater. :) Maybe some heel boots too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home