Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, March 13, 2009

prepping for the party

The table is set, the quichelettes are baked, the gingerbreads are cooling in the window Look good, don't they? I love my new individual cakelette pans. Tomorrow morning, each one will be filled with lemon curd and topped with yogurt cheese.

the ambrosia salad is mostly pulled together. Or it's all done if I decide not to add lemon yogurt. DH insists that ambrosia salad must have whipped cream (or Cool Whip for the lactose intolerant) and miniature marshmallows, but I'm holding out for a lighter, brighter taste. So maybe lemon yogurt, maybe not.

There are shortbread cookies baked and sandwiched with raspberry jam or nutella (chocolate and hazlenut butter spread.) We have tea ready to go, coffee to be brewed, and furniture almost completely arranged. I'll get pictures of the table when it's ready to go tomorrow. I wish you ALL could come. I have such fun with this!

Another thing I have fun with - well,
What you see here is the victim of a drive-by birthday de-stashing. I got the package of yardage ends, and a note reading, "Eeeeee, this is a drive-by birthday destashing." Beats being toilet-papered!!

Amy Lane used to be quite the quilter, and while clearing out her cupboards, she threw some surplus my way. This will definitely go into quilts for orphans. There are Garfield prints, and a splendid underwater print, and a bit of darling bunny, teddybear flannel. Wheeee!

And notice (whispers) It's sunny today.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I got the "it's sunny today!" phone call from Oregon City today.

    Save a nutella filled shortbread for me! I fell in love with Nutella in Indonesia.

    Love the drive-by!

     
  • At 8:48 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Oh what fun you will have with the birthday destash. Some lucky kids will get warm, cozy quilts.

    Have fun at your party.

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    I had nutella on my English muffin this morning...yum

     
  • At 11:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- Roxie, the stuff you make for your knitting days... lovely! (And I'm glad you like the fabric... there's more on the way!)

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I make ambrosia with sour cream. it cuts the sweetness of the fruit and I just happen to love it (although my arteries probably don't)

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I just love ambrosia, and those gingerbread cakes sound delicious. Nutella is a favorite of mine, too. I spread it on bananas. Oh no, I haven't eaten yet and you're making me so hungry!

     
  • At 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Will your next book be a recipe book. Party-challenged people like me could use it.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home