Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I was tagged

Lisa, http://lisanowak.wordpress.com/ tagged me with a meme. List six things that make you happy, link back to the person who tagged you, and tag six more. Oh, and let the person who taggeded you know when you post.

Well, I don't tag others, but if anyone wants to play, by all means, let me know when you post and we'll all come see what makes you happy.

What makes me happy? Well, for starters, I do. I am responsible for my own happiness. May God have mercy on anyone or anything I expect to MAKE me happy. I know that money doesn't buy happiness, but like well rotted fertilizer, money makes it easier for things to grow. Good health, a warm dry house, and congenial company also promote an environment of happiness, but with the health and the company, it becomes a chjicken or egg thing. It's easier to get congenial company if you're happy. And happiness promotes good health.

But as for that list of six:
1. Sharing a life with a smart, funny, kind and generous man makes me very happy.
2. Kitties make me happy. Of course, when the blind crippled senile boy leaves me a big stinky present in the hall, and I step in it barefoot on my way to the bathroom at ohdarkhundred, then cats can piss me off, too.
3. Sunshine makes me happy.
4. The act of creation makes me happy. Whether I'm making a hat, a story, a quilt ora a batch of cookies, the act of bringing something into existence just trips my triggers!
5. Old musicals make me happy. I want to believe in a world where people burst into song, then segue into dance, and by the end of the final reel, the guy gets the girl,the bad guys get their comeuppance, and everyone lives happily ever after.
6. My friends make me happy. You guys are a treasure! Thank you.

Tomorrow, photos of something else that makes me happy - yarn dyed by Dave Daniels! Squeee!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    Well how can I resist the gauntlet of six things that make me happy.

    I am happy

    that my husband has a good job making good money.

    when my quilts come together and all the colors, and textures work reminding me that I am, in fact, an artist.

    when I watch my step-daughters grow into wonderful women and mothers

    that my parents and in-laws were/are wonderful people and I have learned and I'm learning so much from them even now.

    to have a husband who understands me and we can finish each others sentences and know what the other one is going to say or is thinking.

    to live in a country that can elect an intelligent, thoughtful man and leader.

    I am also very grateful for friends who encourage me, and point me in the right direction when I become lost from myself,.

    So Roxie...you may do what you choose with this, but this is just some of what makes me happy.

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I love your list and mine is almost the same as yours. I love MY smart, funny, kind and generous man. The morning latte he brings me makes me happy. My grandson's smiles make me happy. Sunshine, beautiful yarn, good books and fresh veggies, fruits and flowers from my garden make me happy.

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I think my list would be similar to yours. I would add that having my whole family at the dinner table and talking makes me happy. Opening my front door at the end of the day and the feeling of being home makes me happy. New skeins of yarn and all their potential make me happy. Living with my husband makes me happy. I also agree that the universe does not owe me happiness. It's up to everyone to make themselves happy.

     
  • At 10:55 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    My list would be so very very boring--but yours is lovely!

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    That is one good list. And I would add hanging clothes and linens outside in the sun and a lovely breeze.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home