Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A good day off.

Isn't that a lovely sunrise to start with? The sunlight has been bright and yellow all day long, and it makes something small in my chest hop up and down for joy.

I ran errands, mailed things off, dropped off deposti bottles and recycled plastic grocery bags, picked up more cat food, all the daily diddly. when I got home, there was a box on the front porch. Galad ( http://galad-whenigrowup.blogspot.com/ )sent me a present from Arizona!
This luscious skein of mocha and cream and cafe' au lait superwash merino is from Spritely Goods, The colorway is Coffe Pot Rock. I thought it was a paen to lattes and mochas, but no, it's a salute to a geologic formation in Arizona called Coffee Pot Rock, which happens to be colored in these yummy soft neutrals. I've been squishing the yarn and petting it and considering what it wants to be.

Also from Spritely Goods is a bar of Lavender soap wrapped in thin wool fiber which has been lightly felted into a perfectly fitted covering. What a brilliant idea! Scruby stuff as part of the bar!

Don't miss the magnet showing London Bridge where it now sits in Hake Havasu City, and a little lapel pin showing Kokopeli blowing his reeds and dancing. Kokopeli rocks, too. As does the cute little knitted lambie on the postcard.


The cats, of course, played with the box, tissue papers and ribbon. So it was fun for the whole family! Thank you, Galad!!

PS, I don't realy mind spiders all that much. But it would be a shame to spoil a good story just for the sake of the truth.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Are you sure Daphne will share the yarn with you?

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- Galad sends the bestest best stuff in the mail! (The kitties look so happy... really was good for the whole family, wasn't it!)

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yummy yarn, yummy yarn!

    About my photos--usually it's dumb blind luck. But I am getting better at planning the shot.

     
  • At 3:43 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    oh lovely sunrise! I've got a sunset photo I'm going to post some time this week - both ends of the day make great moments sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home