Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Still draggin'

Used to be, when I got done being sick, I was all better. Used to be I was younger, too. I rested for days last week, and got enough energy to run errands yesterday. And then I came home and fell asleep. Barely woke up this morning. Gronch. The tank is dry again, and I still have to go to work. And thank GOD I don't have kids!!!

Some days, it just feels like I'm driving through the fog. I can see about fifty feet ahead of myself and I've gotta keep pushing forward into the gray unknown.

Nothing is certain in life. You never really know what's out there. the economy might tank, crap will happen (it does sometimes.) But ya know, ya just gotta keep on keepin' on.

And then, when you least expect it, there's a sunrise on a yellow tree. And keepin' on is so very worth it!

Hang in, dears. There are lots of sunrises, and many yellow trees out there. And even when the tank is dry, you can still go a mile or so on what's left in the fuel line.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lovely metaphor...and a sweet, melancholy fall drive. May you feel perkier--winter's a'comin'!

     
  • At 3:15 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    So sorry you are still not 100% - thinking of you and sending get well wishes too.

    If it's any consolation, we've been experiencing winter weather here in Oz -- 9 degrees today! xx

     
  • At 3:16 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    ... oh and it's snowing in the Blue Mountains ... remember where Marc took you and DH - truly.

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I hope your tank gets full again soon. In the meantime the whole blog was a lovely reminder. Thank you!

     
  • At 3:54 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Yup, those bloody colds just linger on me, too. Drives me bats. A good giggle from the Tilster or a lovely cuddle from H.I. usually provides levity.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home