Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, October 17, 2008

foggyfoggy do

This was one of those misty mornings. You could see about a block before the clouds closed in, so I left home a bit early and drove a little more slowly than usual. About halfway down the freeway a bright yellow hummer appeared behind me and began following much too close. It's not as if the freeway was crowded. The lane to the left was mostly empty. He could have passed at any time. I figure that either his car wanted to mount and mate with mine, or it was frightened by the spooky weather and just wanted to stay close for comfort. It must have been very sad when I pulled off the freeway and headed to work. Driving down by the slough was very romantic, with the veils of fog wreathing the treetops and the landscape imitating Japanese landscape scrolls. By the time I got out at noon, the sun was shining brightly and we had a nice warm afternoon. Well, 65 degrees in October is warm to us.

I'm so glad it was warm, because, when I got home, I took out the garbage and locked myself outside. I sat in my car and napped for a couple of hours till DH got home. It was really quite pleasant.

I don't have to go to work till Tuesday, so I can continue healing up. Yesterday, I worked a 7 hour day, which added to the two hours of commute, left me whupped. DH watched me nodding off over dinner and sent me to bed at 6:30. And I slept until 5AM. Between the infection and the antibiotics, I am just de-perked. I am pep-less. I have about enough energy to run an ant's motorcycle around the inside of a
cheerio for one circuit. I don't feel sick or in pain (except in the palm of my hand where the bite is still stiff and swollen.)But man am I ever pooped!

Now I have to find the battery charger so I can get photos of a dozen yellow baby bonnets on line.

As for the medical supplies, Tamara was quite right - medical missions are happy to take supplies. Medical Teams International is going to accept all our supplies. Linda was right also. It's illegal to give prescription medicines to people for whom they have not been prescribed. Putting them into a baggie with some water is a great idea. Or better yet, maybe with some vinegar or dish soap. Make them impossible to use.

Have a swell weekend, friends!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And ant's motorcycle around the inside of a cheerio--you may be pooped, darling, but you've still got it;-)

    Sleep well, get better--and tell the Hummer to go find some young, pretentious thing to go mate with, you're much to sensible to be seduced by a large gas tank:-)

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Rest and recuperate. Maybe take a nap with the cats this weekend. I'm sure they won't mind.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I had a big white Cadillac truck doing the same thing to my little (red!) Honda Fit. Get off me, truck, you look like a St. Bernard following a chihuahua!

     
  • At 6:24 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I know the pep less feeling. I spent the morning fondling fiber at the local spinners and weavers guild and came home with just two kinds. I spun 1 oz of grey alpaca/merino and now have a 10 oz headache--probably the result of too much quiet here this afternoon.

     
  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I am feeling the antibiotic lethargy too. I have a few days left to go and they leave a rather unpleasant taste in my mouth. I'm glad you found someone to use the supplies. It's good to know they are not being wasted.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home