Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thank God for modern Medicine!

The streaks are fading, the swelling is going down, my armpit no longer aches, and my temperature is almost normal. The cat that bit me got his rabies shots a little over a year ago, so there's no point in running out an biting people. I may even make it in to work tomorrow. Heck, I may even get the spike out of my elbow tomorrow if the Doctor likes the look of my infection. Hard to imagine anyone liking the looks of any infection, but doctors are a different breed altogether.

Today I have slept in, napped, snoozed and watched "Top Hat" "Me and My Gal" and most of "Silk Stockings." Those old musicals are such an escapist treat. I yearn for the lovely gowns that Ginger Rogers sweeps around in. I get such a rush from watching the virile Gene Kelly. And Fred Astaire is so exquisitely elegant! The plots are happy fluff. I LIKE being fluffy. I'm going to be a LOLcat in my next life. Sleeping, snoozing, napping today is just good practice.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh my! I get busy for a day and look what happens. Roxie gets bit by a cat who was being chased by a pit bull and then she gets blood poisoning and almost dies! Yikes. My big brother wiped out three times in one day on his skateboard, messed up the skin on his elbow and got blood poisoning. The streak up his arm from his elbow was impressive but I'll bet yours was bigger and longer. Leave it to you to be spectacular. Classic cat bite indeed. You should have charged the ER doctor for the example to show her intern!

    Please get all better soon!

     
  • At 3:48 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Glad to hear that you are getting better. Next time arrange to get bit on the leg. At least it wouldn't hurt then to keep knitting. Just kidding! Do keep taking care of yourself until you really do feel all better. No relapsing!

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    So pleased you are on the mend! xx

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love those movies,too. I want to be as graceful as Ginger and able to move my feet and talk at the same time while wearing some silk confection that swirls. There aren't enough occasions to wear swirling skirts and dance through the halls. I might garner a few stares if I tried that at work.

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    so glad you feel better--and Singing in the Rain is a family favorite! (You ain't kidding about the virile Gene Kelly! & btw? Have been watching lots of movies with a very young Paul Newman? MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...)

     
  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Glad you are on the mend and treating yourself a little while you recuperate. My daughter and I are Howard Keel fans so our filmfests are usually 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Showboat, Kiss Me Kate etc. Our other favorite is Auntie Mame. Talk about living life to the fullest!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home