Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 23, 2008

my favorite knit

Bells in Australia posted a picture of her favorite knit and suggested we do the same. Good idea!

This is the cable sweater I designed and knit for Master Knitter's Certificate. It's got some clever details to it. I had to put in bobbles, but I hate bobbles, so I put in fourteenm bobbles - seven on each sleeve in the warrior princess armbands. The sweater is knit from bottom front, over the shoulders, and down to the bottom back. The collar is knit in garter stitch as part of the shoulder fronts. The sleeves are picked up along the sides of the front/back piece and knit down to the cuffs.

I had to reverse the cables when I went over the back,so the side seams make a pretty horseshoe. Clever me!

I always try to put XO cables in every cable sweater I make because I love to give hugs and kisses. It was fun to set the three of them on a half drop so they tuck together nicely. And I put in the garter stitch ladders next to the cables to help me keep track of my rows. It's so easy to count garter stitch.

I named this sweater, "Little Nell." It was so virginally vanilla. But it was so much fun to knit that I did it over in color.

I call this one, "Intarsia, Warrior Knitter!"

8 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--that's gorgemous, Roxie! Nice choice for favorite knit!

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I'll second the Wow!

     
  • At 9:31 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    What a work of art. I aspire to make something like that some day.

     
  • At 3:51 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I completely LOVE this. What a wonderful sweater. And I love that you did it monochromatically. Only thing is, I can't see the bobbles. Is this me being myopic or aren't they visible in the photos? XO in a sweater - awwww. I want to knit one for the Tilster, now ; )

     
  • At 6:33 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    How interesting to compare the color to the monochrome. (Says she who is still avoiding the tarsier.) Heh.

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the sweater. Warrior woman, indeed. And I like xo cables for the same reason. I like to think of the person getting a hug from me.

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I had never seen your master's certification sweater! Love it! You put in some great design ideas. I hate bobbles too and put them on the hem and both sleeves. I may never do a bobble again.

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Both sweaters are fantastic. I love doing cables. Of course, I think the Warrior Princess aspects are grand!!

    At first glance they look like two completely different sweaters until you really start looking.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home