Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, August 07, 2008

life with the crapweasle

The neighbor's have the prettiest gladioli. Did you know they smell nice, too? The glads, not the neighbors. Well, actually, I shouldn't say that because I don't really know. They may perspire attar of roses. We're just not that close. But they do grow nice posies.

A friend of mine joined Greenpeace back in her youth, and after chaining herself to a harpoon gun on a Japanese whaler, was arrested for piracy. She's going to speak at her Unitarian Church on "A pirate's life for me," and the possibility of godly civil disobedience. So I'm loaning her a hat. (sings) Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

Speaking of hats, I wore a red hat all through the writer's conference, and was the only woman there wearing a hat. Makes me easy to remember, and certainly takes care of the worry about a bad hair day. Also, made those glaring overhead fluorescent tubes a lot less annoying. I have a lot of red, white and navy seperates, which makes it easy to get dressed in the morning. Everything goes together and looks businesslike. Then there are the pink and purple clothes. More - Bohemian shall we say.

I have been getting out the submissions and query letters. Next, time to make a GREAT website. Meanwhile, I left the beaded top with Teresa who dyed the yarn. She's going to use it as a sample of what you can do with her goods. And she's also pleased with the cotton babyblanket I'm turning out for her. Photo tomorrow.

We have an apple tree outside the kitchen window with limbs overhanging the back patio roof. Evidently the bees were busy amongst the blossoms this spring, because we are getting a lot of apple drop. When there are two apples growing on one twig, gradually, slowly, one will push the other off. Thunk! Exciting enough when they hit the ground, but when they fall on the aluminum patio roofing, it's more a case of CRASH! Rumble, rumble, rumble,Thunk! Makes the cats nervous. They all want to sleep with us, and then they spend the night twitching and muttering. I wonder what they're dreaming. Are they fighting? Hunting? Dancing the rhumba with Carmen Miranda? They'll never tell. Cats never do.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, you don't need no hat to make you memorable, your glowing personality dose that. But, it doesn't hurt to make a fashion statement, too. :)
    A website? Do tell!

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Beautiful glads! I love gladioli.

    Nice hat!

     
  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Glads are one of my favorites. I didn't know they had scent. Maybe once you cut them they stop smelling? I have never had luck growing them and just buy armloads when I find them in the store.

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Glads are one of my favorites too. I used to buy them from road side stands when I lived in the Midwest.

    Sounds like you are getting lots done and the new website sounds like a great idea (if a lot of work). Do you do that yourself?

    Happy weekend!

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (They're hunting the moths against the sliding glass door. And snoring.)

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    i didn't know you could even get arrested for piracy these days. that would be a fun thing to throw on your resume. it would be fun to hear your friend speak about that.

     
  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    AAARRRRRR!!!! And such a noble profile, too!

    And great, good luck on the submissions and query letters.

     
  • At 3:43 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I hoped that Tilly would be born on Intl Speak Like a Pirate Day but I wasn't going to be 44weeks pregnant for ANYONE to make that come true!

    This isn't meant to be offensive but that photo of you in profile reminds me a lot of Julie Andrews!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home