Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, July 28, 2008

Lazy Cat Sunday

DH and I went over to MJ and RW's house on Sunday and worked all day long. DH and RW are building the taj Mahal of tree houses. Well. ok, it's more of a dreadnaught than a palace. It has taken years of summer weekends, and is very close to being finished. Windows and doors will render it weather-tight.

MJ and I worked on another quilt. We have a smooth system worked out where I pin and press, and she runs the machine. We worked from 10 AM till 2, took a break for lunch, then worked till 6 and almost got the top pieced. This was less quick and dirty, and more planned than we usually do, so it took a bit longer.

And when we got home at 8 PM, what do we find? Kitties -- exhausted from doing nothing at all for the entire day. Well of course it's tiring. When you're doing nothing, you can't stop and take a rest.



I also include a little eye-candy, because I will enjoy looking back on the blooming of July when the winds of January frost my winkles.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What lovely tomatoes! (And the rack ain't bad either!)

    Poor kitties... they need to chase some catnip around so they're not quite so tired in the evenings...oh, wait...that won't work...

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    MMmmmm. Are those Sun Gold cherry tomatoes?? My favorites. I think they taste like candy.

     
  • At 5:33 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Whenever I come home to find my kitties in that state, it makes me think of the Far Side strip where the detective says,
    "Notice all the computations, theoretical scribblings, and lab equipment, Norm...Yes, curiosity killed these cats."

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    i've gotta remember that line the next time i'm tired out from doing nothing :) thanks for the laugh!

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love "home-killed" tomatoes!

    Can't wait to see the quilt top. MJ & you always seem to have such great color sense.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home