Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another blog dodger.

You Are Sunrise


You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary.
You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward.
Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.
All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.


What Time Of Day Are You?




Although I enjoy living every moment,(and ya know - - I do)it doesn't always make for awesome blog-fodder. I am knitting on a bamboo and tencell experiment with beads. It has potential, but at the moment, it doesn't make me want to laugh and sing. And the yarn is running low, so if I want to ease in a new dyelot, I'd better quit now. In the interim, I using up odds and bobs on some simple stocking caps. Ho very hum.


But do stay tuned. I'm going to tell you all about the yellow hats just as soon as I have all (or at least most) of my facts straight. Do you feel like knitting yellow hats for babies in Africa who were born with AIDS? Or would you happen to have any yellow yarn cluttering up the stash? They could use yellow and brown blankies, too, if anyone gets a wild hair for quilting.


See, I met with MLA from Medical Teams International yesterday for one of our occasional and delightful lunches. And I turned in a bunch of knitted goodies for the orphanage in Romania. And was so thrilled by the squeals of glee and delight from the volunteers who were sorting and packing that I asked, "Any requests?"



So I have to get back in touch with them, and straighten my facts. Meanwhile, I am tossing my stash for yellow and brown (the school colors for the care facility.) After all, who wouldn't want to keep a sick baby warm?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yellow and brown? Any special type of hat preferred? I've got yellow, at least.

     
  • At 11:55 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ah, the 'any request' trap... I've fallen into it many a time. I'll keep a look out for yellow and brown, but I haven't been a brown afficionado until recently.

     
  • At 3:10 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    I'm with tlbwest: Why on earth Yellow and Brown??? I literally have one skein of yellow in my stash as I usually find that yellow makes most pale folks look like they need a liver transplant. And perhaps after the cocktail party I do!

    Homework: Get out your Joy of Cooking and read the discussion (or do I mean the dissertation?) on cocktail parties. Hilarious! I like fairly formal cocktail parties where there's a set number cocktails and matching horse's doovers simply because I'm a sucker for 1950s delusions of elegance. I tried to find an organza cocktail apron so i could dress in true hostess style but no luck in the 2nd hand shops and I ain't going to learn to sew just for that kind of wardrobe disaster!

     
  • At 9:31 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Hmm... yellow and brown aren't colors I gravitate to, but I'll see what I can do.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I really like yellow but it makes my rosy complexion look awful. I think I would like to knit with it. It would be like knitting with sunshine. Details, please?

    I like to think I enjoy living each day. I believe this is the only life I get so I want to make the most of it. There is so much joy and beauty around, it would be a shame to ignore it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home