Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Haikai fun and games

Terry, at http://soupgirls.typepad.com/knittingtheblues/2008/07/not-haiku-haika.html started a Haikai - sort of a poetry game. And Lucia http://rhymeswithfuchsia.blogspot.com/ passed it on to me.

Steam heated
Lightning splits dark skies
Dramatic summer storms.

Winds howl through the leaves
Bird clutching branches tight.

Clouds dance in circles
Clean laundry snaps on the line
Warm rain falls in sheets

Blue skies brighten the day
Time to head to the beach

Sparkling blue-green wave
Zips me shoreward at top speed
The world's best thrill ride

Except for that night
with Bacchus in the woods

***********************************
OK, who wants the next verse?

6 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Oooh, spooky.

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger margene said...

    Oooo, you'll be a tough act to follow!

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    great addition....i liked the imagaery in the others, but your verse made me smile :)

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'll take it.

    The leaves that tickled
    Green and cool against our skin
    Oh to be there now.

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    HAHAHAHAHA! Roxie, you are a girl after my own heart!

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I know which verse you wrote!

    I'll pass on this one although I'd love to do it. I'm so so far behind on everything in my life right now except grandson snuggling.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home