Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's been a materially good day!

Well Blogger is not being helpful, so here are pictures of some of the results of my day. I finished a scrap yarn hat.



Then I visited Teresa Ruch who dyes awesome yarns and for whom I have been doing som sample knitting (and designing) to turn in the last of my efforts, and pick up some bamboo yarn for prizes for my 600th post contest (and I will need snail mail addresses for you if you expect to get your prizes.) And while I was there, I got materials for yet another project. She has this lovely worsted weight cotton yarn that she would like sampled up in a baby blanket. I'm on THAT like a duck on a bug!!
Bamboo prize skeins.

She also had a ginormous rubarb plant growing in the back yard. When I mentioned that I like rubarb, she began pulling out stalks, breaking off the leaves and loading my arms. But I couldn't let those glorious huge leaves alll go to waste. I saved one. You know I have a thing for hats.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I can't decide which hat I like better...but I think the rhubarb hat is more of a summer fashion.

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You are a gracious wood nymph... with a nice rack (if last week's post was any indication:-)

    What lovely yarn--and I bet it just FEELS better when you earn it by knitting.

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    I'm still snorting at amy's comment above!

    Thanks for the reminder to get the munchkin more pears and rhubarb to stew up. She's got a thing for it (hmm, so have I!). When was your 600th post? I'm too all over the place at themoment and I reckon I must've missed it. Pooh.

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahhhh you are the most beautiful rhubarb stalk I've ever seen. Lovely!!!

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    The yarn is gorgeous and so is the rhubarb hat model :-) I miss getting fresh rhubarb, as what we get in our grocery stores is usually old and woody.

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwh. We used to play that game back on the farm. Also chew on the raw, sour stalks. Kids do funny things. I remember eating unripe blackberries, one individual, acid drupelet at a time.
    I love rhubarb - keep intending to get a plant going. Keep not getting it done.

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Love the hat! Reminds me something one of my great-aunts used to do; she'd made hats for herself and us kids out of sycamore leaves by "pinning" them together with little twigs. She also let me pick all her hollyhocks to make dolls to play with. And she taught me to embroider while sitting in the porch swing in the front of her little stone house. How, carefree childhood was!

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    That totally sucks! You can even make a friggin' LEAF look elegant. Life is so NOT fair. ; ~)

    I. give. up.

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    how funny - i love the leaf hat!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home