Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dropping off shots on the fly


Let's start with a little eye-candy. We had a few cool, damp days around here, and the roses took it as an engraved invitation to spread their petticoats a bit. Aren't they lovely?


And here's the bamboo and tencel top I knitted during the conference. I got the beaded part of the top done before I got there, and after the armholes, it was just knit2, p2 untill you can't stand it any more. I had one skein that was redder than the other two, so when I had a ball about the size of an egg, I started alternating rows with the yellower skein. Worked out quite nicely, didn't it? Teresa dyes SUCH nice stuff!

Embiggen to check out the beads. They're SHINEY!

12 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    ooo, pretty. switching the skeins like that really made the color shift look deliberate - good thinking! (the roses are gorgeous too!)

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    ooooo... so pretty... what a nice shape, too!!! (And the roses look so wanton! Love them!)

     
  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Fancy, pretty, like you.

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    The top came out great and the beads really add some panache.

    Your roses are beautiful. Wish they weren't so temperamental to grow here in the heat.

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very nice. Love the color.

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Wow, that is simply gorgeous. I not only love the beads, the colour is fabulous.

    Do hope it is for you!

     
  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    So, I'm sitting in my living room in the blue chair while I'm reading this post and I notice the book title UP FRONT, the book sitting just behind the roses, a little to the right. I turn my head to the left and check out my row of books. Yup. UP FRONT by Bill Mauldin.

    Love the top! OOOO! I want to make one like it!

     
  • At 10:03 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The beads are a great addition to the top. I'm not much of a bead person but they really accent the top of the sweater.

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Oh, I LOVE this. It's worked out beautifully, particularly the way it goes yellow and green at the bottom but looks darker at the top. Well done you! Bet it looks gorgeous on. And I'm glad you had such a good, instructive time at the conference. Hopefully good things will come of it.

    I've just stumbled across a wild tea cosy website. URL below in case you're interested...
    http://www.grandpurlbaa.com/

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oooh, pink roses! I used to have a great pink rose at our very first house in the city. Mmmm.

    And the beads are very shiny, pretty!

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I'm totally enamored with your beaded top. The colors... the simple elegance... sigh, I want to go cast on a new project.

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

    That top is just so pretty!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home