Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, July 10, 2008

July the 10th Ahhhh!

This has been one of those days I would like to slice off just a teensy bit of and keep it in a box till those grim grey days of February, when there is no light or warmth or color anywhere out of doors. I would love to have just ten minutes of July to savor. Daylillies blooming down by the library.








Several families of geese out for a little lazy late brunch on the lawn. The geese have been prolific this year. I have gone past some of their congregational places, and the grass was grey with geese. After they leave, the grass is green with geese feces.

Sorry. When I get giddy withsunshine, there's no telling what will amuse me.




If you will notice the four little balls of fluff down where the greensward ends, you will see a late-hatched family of ducklings. Mom has a gimpy leg, but seems to be surviving on handouts from the librarians.
I got so much done today. I caught up on my blog-reading, and my e-mails, got my calender sorted out, watered the front garden and tied up the floppy tomato plants, delivered the turquoise baby blanket, stopped at the bank, stopped at the library, got in a couple miles of walking in the morning coolth, got home and recycled, unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher and the laundry, and then I had lunch! After lunch (wholewheat tortilla with feta cheese and some leaves of fresh basil - yum!) I re-wrote the last chapter of Sanna, Journeywoman Sorceress, then got the next chapt written. DH got home at 2:30. Now it's his turn to use the desktop, and I am lollygagging on the back patio, blogging in the delicious warmth and contemplating a lazy snooze in the grass. maybe. It could happen.
Fly cat is doing much better. We have put gunk in his eye twice a day and the swelling is going down. He's still a bit squinty on that side, but less so every day. I have been trying to keep him inside, but today, when I went out for the paper, he was stuck to my heels like a portly little shadow and dove under the bushes before I could catch him. A few hours later he came ambling back like nothing had happened and asked to be let in for a snack. He was astounded that I wouldn't let him right back out. Bad slave! I bargained with him and told him that if he would hold still for his medicine, I would let him back out. He did, and I did. And everyone is happy.
As for knitting, I am in heaven, working on some Handmaiden silk and wool that Janette sent to me for Christmas a while back. It is sooo luscious in the hand and soo easy on the eyes. I want to finish this darling cap-sleeve top and wear it right now ( so nice against my skin) and I never want to finish because nothing else I have will be so nice in my hands. Photos when blocked.
And thanks for your input. Tomorrow I'm going to start putting beads on the ends of the discarded roses scarf. Pretty little champagne pearls for, as Linda so accurately put it, "zat leetle somzing. Nest pas?"



5 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    We have such horrible weather--it's wonderful to take a look at your blog and see what nice weather looks like.

    What a wonderful day--put this one in the treasure box!!!

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Glad to hear Fly Cat is feeling better. I agree it would be nice to bottle some of the summer blue sky for winter. Boise can get so grey.

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We are seeing a lot of geese. In fact, they don't seem to migrate away from here as much. They are hangers-on and the local populace is less than thrilled about it. We have seen some in our pool which was a strange sight.

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    We're having a hot and sticky day, so right now I wouldn't mind importing a little February into my July!

    The geese around here never migrate. They fly around in circles all winter and then land in the goose preserve north of us.

    Once we visited the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario, and boy did they have geese! (And geese feces, which is more fun to say than it probably should be.)

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    My GOD woman! All that! Before LUNCH! I need to go lie down now.

    I agree with you about the wonderful summer days.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home