Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The blog dodge when your brain is putty.

Here's a fun quiz. I wound up with one of my favorite colors, and it's hard to argue with the results. Especially since the quiz answers I gave say essentially what the results summarize. Very cunning, these quizzsters!

Quiz Result: You are lavender
you are lavender#E6E6FA
Your dominant hue is blue, making you a good friend who people love and trust. You're good in social situations and want to fit in. Just be careful not to compromise who you are to make them happy.Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.Your outlook on life is bright. You see good things in situations where others may not be able to, and it frustrates you to see them get down on everything.
the spacefem.com html color quiz

On Thursday I took a day trip over the pass to visit my mom, brother and beloved SIL. It's a three hour drive one way so it was six hours in the car and three hours of visiting time. Which was about enough. We are all getting older and our lives have run seperately for so long that we don't have too much to talk about, except our various ills and deteriorations. They are kind about my writing, but it's so foreign to them. And it's hard for me to be interested in the garden. They have a couple of BlueHeeler puppies, and we spent a lot of time just laughing at them. It was a good visit, but I left feeling time running over my skin with it's little rat feet. The dear little town I grew up in is ten times bigger than it was when I left. The streets are being changed around, a bypass is being put in, and I got lost coming through. There is a certain degree of outrage associated with getting lost in your own hometown.

And mom is present in body only most of the time. She's pushing 90, so it's no surprise, but it's a frightening foretaste of the golden years. Maybe I DON'T want to live a long life! But it doesn't have to happen to me! I can keep physically and mentally active and when I'm 90, I can be a feisty, funny old bat.

What's the hardest part of a vegatable to eat?

The wheelchair.

Man, that's in bad taste! I'm going to go take a walk and have a serious talk with myself. Hope your days are delightful!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    My aunt is in the hosp again, this time with a broken hip. Her mind is fuzzy. Poor lady. My dad stayed sharp until the day he died, as did my mom. I want to be like them. Except in better health!

    Are you going to the knit and crochet show in Portland in Sept?

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It's hard to picture myself as a dottering old woman. I always pictured myself either as an opinionated cranky old bat or a soft, fluffy cookie baker. I could be both and really shake folks up! And I love the joke. It's in such bad taste.

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Dark humor will get you through some tough times.

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Honey, getting old is just like living your life in reverse. You kinda become a baby again in the amount you need to sleep, the consistency of food your teeth and intestines can manage. Whether or not you have dementia is a crap shoot, but a bit of forgetfulness or just plain easily mentally fatiged, well that's not too bed. Don't stress on it - babies are well loved, don't forget : )

    BTW, if the joke was in bad taste I share in your taste - I laughed!

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    GREAT joke! Hurray for bad taste when it cuts through the crap and gives you a belly laugh.

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Well, I'm plum, but then, I think you may be a little bluer than lavender today. It's okay--I know what you mean. I feel the same way with my brother and sister. They don't get me. They don't get me at all. They don't get the writing, and anything I say about success is just 'bragging' to them. I tried to tell my brother that I'd just finished an 802 page manuscript, and he tried to tell me that he was quitting his 5000th job because the boss was no good. We soooo didn't hear each other. And my parents were nurses--I get dark humor. I LOVE dark humor--and so must Mate, because he laughed at the joke too. And I look forward to the days when I can fart in public, smile serenely, and ask someone if they want a hard candy that's at least ten years old.

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    OMG, by all rights I should look down my PC nose at that joke, and it's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home