Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 24, 2008

six things meme

Galad tagged me, so here goes:
1) What was I doing ten years ago? I was trying to make a living, or even break even by selling my hand-woven yardage to historic re-enactors or anyone else who had the discernment to appreciate quality materials. One way I could do this was to set up my tent at fur-trader re-enactments. These happen out in the woods, so that meant that we had to go camping. YUK! YUKYUKYUK! I hate/loathe/despise camping. Ten years ago today, the rendezvous was held in the Mt. Hood National Forest. I had whined so persistently that DH rented a lovely motor home to make our stay more pleasant. It rained the whole time we were there, my display tent collapsed overnight from the rain pooling on the canvas, I spent the entire weekend with blue lips in spite of a hot water bottle tucked inside my shawl (Period attire is required) and I sold every one of my hand-knit wool shawls to men and women alike. No one bought any hand-woven yardage, though I did trade for a load of cobalt beads. Maybe I can scan in some photos. Would you be interested?

2.)Five things to do today: 1. clean litterboxes. 2. shop for new washer. 3. dishes. 4. movie and dinner with MJ and RW. 5 - hang loose. No plans. Knit, read, blog, write, whatever.

3) Snacks I enjoy: baby carrots, cheese, chex mix, cheese, marcona almonds, cheese, yogurt, cheese. And since I'm lactose intolerant, I gotta have expensive cheese that's been aged over a year, so the cheese beasties have a chance to eat up all the lactose. I adore the Costco Irish cheddar!!

4.) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Give a tenth to Medical Teams International. Take everyone I love on a Carribean cruise with all expenses paid. (Where do you want your cabin?) Oh, and invite Stephanie Pearl McPhee (the Yarn Harlot) to bring her family and give some lectures or classes or something, and invite Franklin (The Panopticon) to bring his camera and his dear sheep Delores.

5.) Places I have lived: Redmond, Oregon;Portland, Oregon; Denver, Colorado;various towns and cities in Denmark; John Day, Oregon; Portland and subsidiary suburbs.

6. Jobs I have held: Waitress, receptionist for H&L Block, receptionist for a Salvation Army home for unwed mothers, receptionist, then sales, then office manager for a weight-loss program (wildly unhealathy and doomed to failure) retail sales, sales, then manager for a yarn store, stripper (one night. It was awful!) Dishwasher (one night. I would rather be a stripper), more receptionist work. Sample handweaver in the fabric design department of Pendleton Woolen Mills. The best job of my life. I did that for twelve years until I and six other women were replaced,quite inadequately, by one unsatisfactory computer that printed out pictures, rather than producing three dimensional fabric. But I'm not bitter. Now I proctor in the testing department of local community college.

I don't believe in tagging folks, so if you would like to play, let me know. I don't forward chain letters either. Not even the ones with darling little cherubs that promise me unending bad luck and overwhelming guilt if I don't share this prayer in the next five minutes with the fifty most precious people in my life. What a curmudgeon I am.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I don't think you are a curmudgeon - I don't pass on those e-mails or chain letters either. I do have a sneaking affection for these meme's though because I learn some interesting things about people.

    Thank you for taking the time to post, and yes, I think we do need pictures from your life ten years ago :-)

     
  • At 1:40 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Loved the "..would rather be a stripper" I worked as a dishwasher for about a year. While we lived in a thriving metropolis of 400. It sucked.

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Stripper? Roxie, I'm shocked. Just a little. But sign me up for the cruise...

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I truly abhor chain letters and avoid them like the plague. I get them at work from well meaning colleagues that just want to pass it on. The chain stops with me.

     
  • At 9:30 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Lady, I bet you brought the house down as a stripper! And I'd cruise the Caribbean with you any day...

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    No belly dancing? I thought you were a belly dancer. Maybe that was part of the stripper job. Yeah, I'd hate the stripper job too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home