Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, May 18, 2008

At the farmers' market


The local farmer's market is open on Sundays from May through October.













Oregon is a very green sort of state. Many folks come to the market on their bicycles to buy their organic veggies.




Often the market is held in the rain, but today - today was sunny! So sunny in fact, that one lady needed her pink parasol.








Would you like to buy cut flowers? The last of the tulips are here.


















Maybe you need some plants for your garden? Look at these beauties!













Oh, the fresh vegetables.















Oh, oh, the fresh veggies!







Too busy to put up your own fruits and veggies? These folks make some deeelicious jams and pickles!
And of course, man's best friend is welcome at the market, too.







6 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

    Now I'm all hungry.

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That last pictures is precious! And your pictures do people watching (and farmer's market watching) at its best:-)

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    What a wonderful farmer's market! There is supposedly a smaller one in Vancouver too, but I'm not sure of the dates, etc. Sometime this summer I plan on visiting the Portland version. Cheers!

    p.s. I want a pink parasol!

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Shan said...

    I wish we had a really great farmer's market that was conveniently located. We have one but it's downtown and parking is an issue.

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Fresh flowers and veggies and dogs! Mmmmmm.

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    LOVE that final photo!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home