Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bells did it first!

How about a photo diary of my day?

For starters, I'll introduce you to the newest member of the family. We have five (5!) indoor cats. Then the other day I noticed DH carrying some cat food out to the shed. Look who has joined our happy family. I call him Henry. He is affectionate, but timid, and should be headed to the vet next week. Clippety clip. If he still wants to stay with us after that, we'll start introducing him to the rest of the kids. I was out in the yard in my robe and slippers at 6AM for this photo op.





By 7:00 I am pulling myself together, and 7:30 will see me on the road. One of the delights of getting to work early is being able to park where you like. It's going to be a hot day today (up in the 80s! Yesterday we made it to 69) so I'm parking where there's going to be shade.




Some of the lovely vistas on campus. I love this linden walk. It's so fragrant. Even without flowers, the leaves breathe sweetness.










And what's not to love about a venerable wisteria arbor?










especially when it casts such baroque shadows?

A few of the sweet faces I have seen lately.





This is the place where testing commences - the rooms all along the bottom tier of windows.
And here are some of my happy testees. I really enjoyed this bunch of kids. Puckish humor and goodnature combined with decent manners. Bravo to their teachers and parents.


This is where I took my lunch, in the shade of the flowering plums, tucked in next to the rhododendron. It's the first sunny day we have had since January, and the warmest day since early September. People who should know better have broken out into shorts and t-shirts. Yes, my upper arms are flabby enough to make me look like a flying squirrel in drag. I don't care. It's WARM!



It's warm enough to go barefoot in the grass.

Now I am sitting in the back yard, keeping an eye on three-legged Jack as he grazes on a little fresh grass (no doubt to add variety to the selection of hairballs he has been making for us.)

And as soon as I post this blog, I'm going to spin. Oh dear goodness I do love spring!!
Oh, by the way, who are you when you wear a fuzzy blue hat? You are the babe of that Beach Boys ballad, "Smurfer Girl"

5 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Smurfer girl? That's almost as bad as "Where did Napoleon keep his armies? In his sleevies!". What a beautiful place to eat lunch. I so seldom get a chance to get away from my desk for lunch. I think one of my summer goals is to take lunch to the park behind my building. It includes the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from the Revolutionary War and is often filled with tourists. There are lots of parks in Philadelphia but they are usually crowded at lunch. And I am definitely going to spin with my bare feet in the grass. That looks wonderful!

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I've been spinning and spinning too. I took my wheel out on to the front patio one day last week. Lovely!

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a lovely day--and I REALLY love they way you look at the flowers and let them into your soul. I also love your spinning wheel--excellent way to spend a pleasant day. (hee hee...flying squirrel in drag... although a woman with such dazzling gams as yourself probably has nothing to worry about--everybody will be looking at your legs!)

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    No I didn't! RoseRed did! And she got it from someone else!

    But lovely, lovely photos. I can feel the gentle breeze and lovely warmth, almost.

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger judy said...

    and your choice for a lunch spot was even more beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home