Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, May 23, 2008

change of plans

We were going to go and spend the long weekend up on the Long Beach Penninsula in Washington, helping RW and MJ clear brush at the beach house, but it's cold. And it's raining. And it's cloudy. And everyone would rather stay home. And did I mention that it's cold? (OK, it's down to 58 for a high. But after last weekend, 58 feels darn cold!) So we agreed to just stay in town instead. In fact, MJ and RW and DH and I may well head off to see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull tomorrow night. Woohoo.

I had a knitting project all lined up for the six hours of drive time (3 up and 3 back.) but it takes too much attention for movie knitting. Time to line up a good movie knitting project. I think I'll start the Silk Maiden shell that Janette gave me for my birthday last year. Beautiful yarn, beautiful colors, and miles of seed stitch on circular needles. Perfect for the movies!! AND, it will keep my hands out of the popcorn so I can be good about my weight loss. Have I bragged yet? Weight Watchers - 10 weeks, 13 pounds so far. another 27 to go. And movie popcorn is NOT my friend!

And thanks for your kind words about my laundromat encounter. The thought of having a sick child, no one to leave her with, and no washer at home to clean the mess just wrings my withers. And I realize that there are people in Burma (I know they don't call it Burma now, but I can SPELL Burma, and you know where I mean) who have the same situation, but they are living in a tent with 15 other equally desperate people and no one has eaten all day. Lessee, Knit in public day is Stephanie's birthday. Maybe we could pull together some sort of donations for Doctors without Borders who, I have heard, have been able to get in and help.

Ha! I will give $1 to Doctors without Borders for everyone who sends me a picture of yourself knitting in public before the end of June. One donation per person. How does that grab you? And I bet the folks in China could use blankets. . . .

Meanwhile, I will leave you with happy pictures from last weekend's Saturday market.

Greens














Rhododendrons, the way we grow 'em here,












And dogs being polite

3 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It sounds like quite a party in June there in Toronto. I think about those folks starving in Myanmar (I just love the word and like to say it Myanmar!) while supplies sit and wait. It breaks my heart and makes me angry. Now there's a situation the world should be getting involved in.

     
  • At 6:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sometimes it's good to just stay home and spend time together. (You always seem to be on the go.) Just consider this a nice weekend to snuggle. :)

     
  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Tag you are it. Hope you had another lovely spring day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home