Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 03, 2008

happy quatros de maijo



I just love this time of year! The trees are putting on their new leaves in a gazillion shades of green. The fruit trees are scattering petals like confetti, and the bright, bright flowers are asploding all over.


I'm not knitting much at the moment. I'm just spending time drunk on may!
I leave you with a quote which makes me laugh and laugh.

The following is the winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A & M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was Political Correctness.

The winner wrote:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."


5 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    ROFLMAO! What a great quote!

    BTW, we didn't get a chance to meet last week when the Harlot was in town; I was a couple rows in front of you (I had on a red paisley skirt), sitting with the PDXKB group. LOVED your hat!

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Drunk on May indeed--Cheers!

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

    Hi Roxie,
    Happy May to you!
    You asked on my blog about the shot in the crowd at the Derby after Big Brown won. That was the jockey, Kent Desormeaux's wife and kids. The little guy she kissed was their son, Jacob, who bas a rare disease that effects his hearing and now his vision too. I only know that because I watched the derby coverage all day. And yes, they still dress up and wear hats at the Kentucky Derby! :-)

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    I just spent the weekend in Portland - and you're right - it's bloomin! Naturally it rained while we were trimming trees and doing yard clean-up at my Dad's before he comes home for the summer.
    The Geek - my son Morgan - he is sweet and gentle - but a total Geek!
    No I wasn't in the parking lot - but looking out my office window - how cool is that!
    So do you have August 14-15 etc on your calendar. We're working on a 40th reunion - over here in Central Oregon!! Can you believe it!!

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Good definition! Clean end of a turd could become a new catch phrase. I can't wait to start using it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home