Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

blogger is back





For two days I have been unable to get pictures onto blogger. The broadcasting people have been dancing around on top of the water tower two blocks away, and today I saw a selection of dishes on the top of the tower. Now, like magic, here we go. Words and photos and everything!



First is the yarn I bought at the guilds' show. Bamboo and tencel, one skein of purple/blue/green. and one skein of orange/ochre/olive. These are lovely drapey yarns and would make a splendid summer scarf. They would be magnificent prizes if only only I could come up with a contest. Any suggestions?






Next is a photo left over from the Harlot's visit, but too good not to share. This PDX blogger told me, "They call me 'Yarn ho.'" She is trying to smuggle roving under her sweater. As you can see, she has been found out. Does this sort of madness happen at other knit gatherings in other locations? Oh, surely it must! Portland can't be the only place with knitters who stuff their bosoms, flash the camera, and bring naughty pastries to the Harlot.

This frisky knitter, Kerin by name, also knitted her sweater without a pattern. Yeah, she's crazy good!

For those of you still stuck in freezing temperatures, or thrust suddenly into the 90s, or blasted by tornadoes, here is a photo of still emerald bliss. The woods hyacinths, (also known as scylla) are blooming in all their wanton beauty. These are weeds. and I welcome them.

The pear tree and apple tree have bloomed, and now every breeze scatters a snowstorm of white petals into the grass. There is something so evocative about the picture - must be a poem there somewhere.

And lastly, since it is already AWWednesday in Australia, here is my entry for the day. With all the baggy-butt shorts around here, there is very little opportunity for a cheeky photo. I Kinneared this one.

The raggedy look is also showing some resurgence. I spent all of one GED test today with the pink panther peeking at me through a hole in the side of a young man's jeans. Does he have pink panther underoos? Was it a patch artfully applied to the inside? Does his mommy buy his boxers? Questions you can NOT ask!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay for Australian AWW. Manbutt.
    That's all I got.

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Too bad you didn't get a photo of the pink panther. It would have made great bribery material.

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    The raggedy look never really went out in my closet. The husband gives me a hard time about it, but I wear my jeans to shreds, then patch the shreds and wear them to shreds again.

     
  • At 7:37 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh I would have asked!!! Excellent pictures, Roxie--you're back! (I tried to load pix on Sunday and I couldn't--but I thought it was just me!)

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Let's hear it for pix! And for taking pix discreetly from the back: that way the poor guy won't end up being the butt of jokes.

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    We have the punk-ghetto-nineties look here. I served a boy today who had his jeans around his thighs, an artfully tight undershirt, at least fifty pounts of necklaces, and a sideways hat. I wanted to tell him "No style, no service."
    My manager advised me not to, though he secretly agreed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home