Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Portland purls at Roxie's

The theme was yellow. The table looks rather nice, even if I do say so myself. My assistant approves as well.
Here's the latest napkin fold, and a nice shot of the almond pound cake with the yogurt cheese filling. Yummy. That went very well. No leftovers.
Mommybird and her sweet chick joined us. (And I forgot to give you the quilt! Smite the forehead in frustration!)As did the delightful Miz LG
also attending were MN, LWB, and TW

And there were other people as well, but they don't read the blog, so who wants to look at them? We were 11 all totaled, and we had, as ever, a grand time. The curried chicken salad sandwiches didn't go over very well, and there are enough lemon blossoms to send to the locusts that DH works with, but all in all, I think everyone got adequately fed. IF they didn't it's their own fault for not speaking up and asking for more.
And I finally finished the modular scarf. Next up, hats and short-fingered gloves for the guys DH has breakfast with when his house is infested by laughing women.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am working on a modular afghan for my grandbaby. I love those things. Thanks for showing us all how to make them.

     
  • At 12:04 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    What a great table! Thanks for sharing.xx

     
  • At 5:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That looks like so much fun. When I come out, you'll have to play hostess again!

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Mmmm, cake. Knitting, eating and friends...what a perfect way to spend time.

     
  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger Kristin Shields said...

    Looks like great fun!

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh how delightful! I'm a big fan of such gatherings, as you know. Just perfect.

     
  • At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh how delightful! I'm a big fan of such gatherings, as you know. Just perfect.

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Everything looks lovely and yummy. I especially like the table decoration in the top photo!

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Shan said...

    Looks like fun!

     
  • At 12:26 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The house looks RAVISHING, the company looks happy, and I would have finished off the curried chicken sandwiches for you because I love them!

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You domestic goddess, you! Looks like a great party. And I love the scarf. I hope you pick up the next diamond from the previous ones, rather than sewing them all together.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home