Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Oh the weather outside is frightful


I know you folks in the northeast and midwest will be amused at my furor, but we get snow so rarely down here in the valley. The temperature is above freezing, so this is melting almost as fast as it hits, but none the less, we have a white Christmas this year!!


Since I hate snow, I am bringing out a few more tropical photos. Check out these flat-coated Carribbean sheep. The owner turns them loose in the morning, they wander around happily eating their way through vacant lots and along the verge of the road, and go home in the evening. They are not raised for their wool They are walking mutton chops.

Has everyone seen the Pirates of the Caribbean? Does this ship look familiar? Yep, Jack Sparrow's Black Pearl is moored in St. Lucia and does wonderful tourist excursions. The Black Pearl is a motor launch by the way. Yes, it is also a sailing ship, but the engine gets it around the bay quite handily.

And here, for all those of us who are sick of cold and clouds and snow, here is tropical greens and blues to rest your eyes. This is in lovely Antigua.

So whether you like it snowy or warm, Christian or Pagan or Jewish or none of the above, may this day bring you wonderful things, and may all your wishes come true.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Paul said...

    Merry Christmas, Pookie!

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    MamaMia called this morning from Tigard--It's snowing! Then my bro/sil emailed with photos to prove it.
    You got your White Christmas!

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Merry Christmas! Woohoo for the snow!

     
  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Hope your Christmas was merry and bright and peaceful and calm all at once.

    Love the tropical photos!

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And thanks to the wonder of the internet, I get my snow and my sunblock too! Thanks, Roxie! (btw? T was thrilled to see the picture of the real Black Pearl--PoC is a big fave around here!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home