Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 11, 2008

Hello my darlings!

I've missed you all so much. I keep thinking of things I want to blog about, and then being very virtuous and doing housework instead. Or, on Monday, just lying still on the sofa with a needy kitty. (Those two hour commutes take it out of me. It was a mutual consolation session.)Poor old three-legged Jack is going blind with cataracts, and has been crapping everywhere BUT the litter box, (though he still pees there, thank God!) And sometimes he just wants me to sit and hold him. I hope you guys understand.

Anyhow, the big news for me is the preparation for the Portland Purls meeting at our place again. The theme is yellow, and thank God for that since I am expecting 13 people and the yellow tablecloth is one of the few that fits over the fully extended table. And I have lots of yellow cups and saucers. I did have a small problem with tablecloth lumpiness, but after finally persuading Pepper to come out from under her pretty yellow tent, things smoothed right out. And she has definite opinions about the napkin fold I am trying, finding it such fun to nip and fling into the air. I get the napkins all set out, and the next time I look at the table, they are scattered higgledy piggelty hither and yon.

Yesterday was the cleaning blitz. Today I bake. We will have lemon blossoms (bite-sized lemon poundcakes) an almond poundcake topped with yogurt cheese and nice canned peaches, curried chicken salad sandwiches, pineapple, and chicken and lemon-grass eggrolls (frozen appetizer goodies. Just pop in the oven when the guests begin to arrive.)

Knitting? Still working on that modular scarf.

Oh, and I have started writing book four of the Sanna series. First chapter went in to the writer's group this week. It was greeted with cheers. (Toe in the dirt and bashful head duckings. Shazam!)

7 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm feeling tired by association!! Congrats on the 1st chapter - it's great to have a good momentum to build on.

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I kind of enjoy the needy pet moments. It's like they know you're in need of a needy human moment.

    All that food sounds delish! You're making me hungry...and I just ate lunch!

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The lunch sounds lovely and there will be knitting. What a perfect day. I have those darn lumpy tablecloths as well. Thankfully, they smooth out easily.

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    You give such great parties.

    And YIPPEE!! for Chapter one!!

     
  • At 8:14 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Oh, oh, I wish I could be there. Do greet everyone for me. Even if I still lived in driving distance I wouldn't be able to attend this PP meeting as Kiti's baby shower is tomorrow.
    Glad you're back, I've missed your posts.

     
  • At 1:35 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    SQUEEE! And soon, I can read book three! (They are calling for cowboy romances on the amazon.com threads...we need your cowboy romance--it was wonderful!)

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    That lunch sounds amazing. We not only have lumpy table cloths, but lumpy bed sheets as well. Good luck with the book!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home