Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What did you do on boxing day?

There is a young fellow at the Clackamas county jail who is scheduled to get out on the 21st of January, and the only way he can get all five of his GED tests taken in time is if we administer one today (since Wednesday mornings seem to be the only time the jail has available for this.) So I volunteered to git 'er done. Three hours at the local county lock-up, even though the college is closed till January 2nd. It wasn't really a big sacrifice on my part. DH was back at work and it's not like I had something more important to do. January, I will be having a lot of work which will be really nice for the pay packet the first of March. Just in time for taxes. Yayy!!

When I got home, I transferred all birthdays and other dates to my new calendar (thank you, DH!) and reminisced a bit about the year gone by. What a wonderful year it's been! But then, every year with DH is a wonderful year. Surely I am among the most fortunate of women!



On a tropical note, here is a shot of Antigua. I am such an ugly tourist that I didn't even learn the name of their major port city. Shame on me. It was a pretty island, though so poor. But all the people I met seemed cheerful and healthy. I would like to go back and spend more time some day.

Now, time to seam mittens, knit ear-warmer, and take a nice brisk nap. Happy boxing day to you!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I went grocery shopping and ate chocolate.

    I like your day better. (Key Largo, Antiqua, baby why don't we go to Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama...)

     
  • At 8:24 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Oh, I am so with you, Amy. I want to go to Kokomo too! It has only been winter for 3 days and I am tired of the cold rain. And I am definitely in favor of naps, brisk or otherwise. I intend to take one every day of my time off.

     
  • At 8:44 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Knit and napped and started a TERRIFIC book that sounds really promising. I read the author's first book and really enjoyed it. Betcha can't guess what book I'm reading. Have to go now and read some more . . .

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Slept in until 10. Took a walk with The Professor. Ate pumpkin pie and a sweet potato. Went to a Boxing Day party. Cooked minestrone soup and cornbread for Mike and his friend. Good day.

     
  • At 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm still in Holiday Mode, even though I have to be back at work.
    Thanks for the reminder about updating my 2008 calendar book. It's out in front of me now. (Send me your birthday, ok?)

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I went back to work as well, and struggled to stay awake all day. Good for that young man trying to get it all done.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home