Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, January 06, 2008

I need to come up with another movie project

This is the shawl I have been using for movie knitting. Triple stranded weaving yarn, new color added in as old color ran out. Knit everything. Increase first stitch of each row and first stitch after the stitch marker. I ran out of the last of the yarn during enchanted. I took it into the bathtub with me and used the shampoo that promised me gorgeous hair, magnificent body, and hot and cold running toyboys. All it ever managed to do in reality was get my hair clean. Now I use a pleasantly scented purple glop that keeps my silver hair from going yellow and dingy. After sudsing and rinsing, I also used some of the conditioner that promised to make me young and beautiful, running through fields of flowers and dancing in the summer moonlight in the arms of the man I love. If advertising has anything to do with it, this is one potently appealing shawl. Then I ran it through the clothes dryer. And still it has a six foot wingspan. And now I need another movie project. I guess it's time to toss the stash again.
Meanwhile, the kittens are consulting on proper procedure for spotting a squirrel in the bird feeder. So far, they havev agreed to just sit and watch, but the birds hate the furry thief!

I will not be blogging on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays for the rest of this month. Work is getting in the way of my social life! See y'all on Thursday!

8 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Hurry back, Roxie. I will need more kitty photos by Thursday.
    Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog. We made it through D(eparture) day. And we made it home last night.

     
  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What a gorgeous shawl--and I think the problem with knitting socks during movies is that the stitches are too small to feel...I'll be working on scarves instead. Will miss you for 1/2 the week, sweetie!!

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    I'm with amy lane, the shawl is gorgeous! Love the colour changes Roxie.
    The kitties, how sweet they are, and growing so quickly too.
    We've been up the coast for a few days, back for new year, now heading out again until Friday. Will catch up with you on our return, plus I'll then have time to update the blog, including photos of my two legged babies! xx

     
  • At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now that's inspired movie knitting. Great idea. I'm yet to try knitting in front of movies that I'm not watching on my couch but I think something like this could be perfect! And it's beautiful.

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Love your descriptions! And I want some of that conditioner.

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I read somewhere that since wool is basically hair, that shampoo was the perfect thing to wash it with. So I use the bottles of shampoo that will make my socks so beautiful that everyone will hate them.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    That is one splendid shawl... Floating Blue perhaps?

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Roxie, I gave you a You Make My Day Award on my blog. You inspire me and make me laugh!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home